TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What to-do Tuesday

The second summer term began yesterday, so now I am teaching 3 classes instead of two, and I can tell already that Tuesdays and Thursday are gonna be rough: the 3 classes are back-to-back. That means 6 hours of straight-up class, yo.

I have ten minutes between classes, but after factoring in students staying to speak with me (and most likely telling me that although they signed up for a 6 week course, they're leaving next week for a week in the Bahamas --- umm, "no" I tell them), I have barely enough time to pee. Thus, I had nothing to eat between 7 am and 3 pm. Not good. I need my food. Maybe I can get some of those yogurt smoothie drinks to consume during class -- that might be smart.

Anyway, the day is pretty full and kind of exhausting, so I'm glad that the term is short.

Soooo, Tuesdays are usually my day to walk, but my walking partner is in Chicago enjoying the windy city for work (so, I don't know how much enjoyment she's getting out of the trip -- hopefully some). I could: A.) Walk by myself, B.) Make my husband walk with me, or C.) Go for a run. I'm thinking of C, but we'll "see." (Ha! Do you care for my wittiness there?) If I do run, I'll have to wait until later b/c right now it's the same temp outside as it is on the surface of the sun, but that's fine. Right now, I feel like laying around for a bit anyway. I need to de-school myself for awhile.

17 comments:

Wes said...

I love natural witticisms :-) It doesn't get hot there now, does it? Nineties is perfect running whether! LOL.

ws said...

your wittiness made me smile, and that is good enough for me. Once I took a 5 week summer history course and the professor took a one week vacation, so we missed 4 out of 20 total classes. It was awesome...

Krista said...

Go for C. When I get into running funks, it seems like going on an un-planned run is just what it takes to make me feel good about myself again and want to get back on schedule.

Maybe I should take my own advice ... I'm in a major funk right now, too.

Marcy said...

Krista has a good point, but relax and de-stress for awhile. Have a couple drinks :P

miss petite america said...

if your kids want to go off for a week they should make up for it by bringing you snacks for class...and more than just an apple for the teacher.

J~Mom said...

I am voting for B. I like to see the men get tortured.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Back to back classes are the worst! I hated only having 10 minutes between three classes (which equals not enough time to run to my car and no lockers in sight), so I'd have to carry 5 or more (HEAVY) med books. Ugh. I feel for you!

teacherwoman said...

How about going out for a 3 mile run about 45 minutes before sunset? Might be a whole lot nicer...and pretty!

back to back to back makes me think of my summer school last year... yuck. I think I went from noon until 9pm on mondays. yuck. I am so glad I am done with graduate school! hehe You'll get through it though. Maybe bring some snacks...

David said...

Try all 3 over the next three days, with a blow-out run on Thursday. See which you like best.

And then an assault on the ole liver Thursday night...again! :-)

MNFirefly said...

Wow! That's some hard core teaching.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with classes.

David said...

Oh, and if you like bananas, they are an excellent and cheap source of snacks during the day. Maybe a bunch of 'nanners and a bag of granola from the bulk grocer, and you will be looking for some place to take a nap with your full belly.

Erin said...

I wasn't there to walk with you but I did do some walking tonight on my own. Definitely not as fast paced or stenuous but I was out and about for a little over an hour and a half.

brunettechicagogal said...

Brutal; I've been there. What are you going to do if you have to poop? (hahaha)

Scott McMurtrey said...

ahhh (the soothing kind of "ah" not the screeching kind), the bahamas. ahhhh, smoothies. ahhhhhh, windy cities. relaxing. so with those images in my head don't say anything about wisdom toof malfunctions until two weeks from tomorrow. or three weeks.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Get up and run...it can't be THAT hot outside...well yes it can...I understand about wanting to "de-school" that sounds like a Marcyism though. I'm thinking that I should have run in the rain this morning but I didn't...maybe I was telling myself I needed to "de-sleep" since I didn't go back to bed...what is wrong with me...oh yes.....I am a runner.

keith said...

who goez to skool in the SUMMER??!