So, at this point, I'm certain I've acheieved "expert" status on streaking without a spouse.
Here's what I'm thankful for:
- Daycare. Week day runs would be much harder to fit in without it.
- The double running stroller. Kids haven't run in it much for a long time, so right now, it's a novelty for them and they're enjoying it. Over the weekend, we ran to a couple of parks, and that was a good combo: They had to sit in there for no more than 10-15 minutes, and then were released to the park, then back in for more running. Breaking it up helped us all.
- The treadmill. On campus I have access to the gym treadmill, and in my temp apartment, there is a gym also equipped with a treadmill.
- Good friends. Who, while not yet called upon, have offered to take the kids if/when I want to run outside, by myself.
- A good babysitter. She's been watching our kids since Norah was a baby, and I've already booked her some weekend mornings so, again, I can get outside for runs by myself. The fact that she's willing to come in the morning and for just a few hours is great; she's a huge help.
At least for the time being. You never know what wrenches life will throw in my way, but for now, it's working.