# of races run this year: 14 (6 half marathons, 4 5Ks, 1 4 miler, 1 15K, 1 10K, 1 10 miler)
- Favorite race of the year: Colorado Colfax HM in May. It wasn't a PR, it had no significant or special meaning, but for some reason it just stands out as one of the best runs of the year.
- Least favorite race of the year: Boca Raton HM in November. Poorly designed course, too small, crappy medal.
- Thoughts: As I wrote previously, this has been an immensely satisfying year in running. I'm pleased with the race variation, the number of races, the PRs, and most of all the experiences. I think 2008 has been the best race calendar to date.
# of miles run this year: 786
- Thoughts: Missed the 800 mark, but I don't mind. Mileage goals for the year will always be a goal to challenge myself with. 2008 won't be the only year to meet or exceed 800 miles.
# of books read this year: 38
- Favorite book of the year: "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen
- Least favorite book of the year: "Cell" by Stephen King -- not sure why I wasted my time on this one.
- Thoughts: This is the first year I've ever tracked how many books I've read and when I read them. I actually thought the number would be higher for the year end tally because I thought I read about a book a week, but it's interesting to see my peaks and valleys in reading (kinda like with my running). When I'm really busy with work, I get little time for pleasure reading, but when I am on break, or during the summer when I have a lighter class load, I read (at times) several books in a week.
# of bowling games: 74
Highest bowling score: 203
- Thoughts: I don't even want to add up the number of beers associated with these numbers. Let's just say it's immeasurable.
# of blog posts for the year: 407
Bringing the total number of blog posts in 3 and 1/2 years to a grand total of: 1,233
- Thoughts: Man alive, I am a blabbermouth!
2008 has, of course, been a great year in non-measurable ways as well. I feel incredibly lucky to have such a great husband, a cute dog, wonderful friends and family. And I feel fortunate in my life in many, many ways.
Looking ahead to 2009:
Check back tomorrow for my New Year's Day unveiling of the "2009 Plans": I guarantee they're gonna blow your socks off!