I mean, really, I have been on top of my shit today. I:
- Went to the dentist this morning. Had to get a tooth re-bonded. That motherfucker keeps wanting to chip off. I told the dentist to make the bonding "extra sticky" today because I don't want to be back in that chair in 6 months again for the same thing.
- Went to the Post Office and mailed two packages. Line was miraculously short and I didn't have one inkling that I might have to break someone's legs.
- Finished the grading I had, met for the last time with 2 of my classes, returned their work to them, gave them their final grades, and bid them "adieux." 2 classes down. 4 to go.
- Many students told me "thanks for being such a great professor!" and "you're the best English teacher I've ever had!" True dat.
- Since I didn't hold either class for their full time, I was home about an hour and a half early, so I "surface cleaned" the house -- you know, the kind of mid-week pick-up and vacuum kind of stuff, not the scrubbing toilets kind of stuff.
- Got dinner prepped and ready.
- Went for a 5 miler (46:19). Felt glorious -- my 4th mile clocked in at 8:55, but that was my fastest; otherwise, it was an average 9:15/mile pace. It's only about 60 degrees outside, so this cool, dry weather really is to my running advantage.
And, it's only 5:30 pm now. Are you people impressed by my awesome-ness now? You should be! If I just had a little more coffee, at this point, I think I could solve the financial crisis.