TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Procrastinating

Because I don't want to read papers.

And I am eyeball deep in papers.

I have to finish this stack today because I want to return them to students tomorrow -- it's their last day of the term (summer session is broken into two, short, six-week terms -- my next term begins on Monday), but I'm just not feeling very motivated.

Thus, why I watched some of VH1's "Rock Honors" (Heart gave a good performance), why I played with Scooter for 20 minutes (he needs his exercise, right?), and why I'm currently blogging. If I just gave the work a focused, concentrated effort, I could be done before 5 pm, but I know me. I know I'll sit down, read 3 or 4 papers and then find an excuse to get myself something to drink or find a snack, or I'll turn on the TV -- for a quick break -- or I'll take Scooter for a short walk -- again, a "quick" break, and it will take me all afternoon and evening.

I know I'll get it done. I'm just not in a hurry to do it.

Hmmm....maybe I should take a quick trip to the store and get me one of those Starbucks Iced Coffees...

No.

I should read 3 or 4 papers first.

8 comments:

Neese said...

great post, i give ya 10pts all around lol

J~Mom said...

I don't know how you manage to read my posts. I suck at grammar and language in general. I guess that is why I majored in chemistry. ;>)

Good luck with those papers, I hope they are at least about something fun.

Give them all an A+ and then it will go much faster.

Anonymous said...

or give them all an F, it'll go just as fast.

Marcy said...

LMAO Lisa, same here. A regular poet laureate :P

That looks like one big ass stack, I don't blame you for procrastinating. I say . . . take your time. Breaks are good :-) You can always do a late night :P Go grab that Starbucks baby!!

ws said...

throw the papers down the stairs - those landing at the bottom get an A, the next step up gets a B, etc, etc. I'm sure I had profs that did that in college.

brunettechicagogal said...

Ugh. I SO do not miss that life. Grading papers is the worst. However, I completely relate to your procrastination -- I do the same sort of mental routine all the time when I should be working. "Maybe I'll go make a sandwich. No. Write two more paragraphs."

Gotta Run..... said...

Did you say Starbucks??.. I am in!!!

Keep reading and stay focused!!

miss petite america said...

procrastination is my middle name.