TAT CN Header

Sunday, June 03, 2007

No Kayaking

Instead of kayaking and getting to see some sea cows yesterday, we ended up going to see "Knocked Up" -- which was sooooo funny (but, I have to warn: it deserves its "R" rating; it's very raunchy) -- and then drank beer the rest of the day and night. That was fun. But we didn't need to drive 300 miles to do either of those things. Damn that Tropical Storm Barry!

Oh well. No kayaking. No manatees.

But we're home now, where it's 90 degrees, and clear -- hmmm, would be a perfect day to kayak here.

Anyway, I might run later tonight if I feel up to it. Don't hold your breath. Tomorrow begins the "official" Chicago training, so then I'll have to get my ass in gear, but that means that maybe today can be reserved as a last "slack off."

8 comments:

Neese said...

mmm beer :)
yeeah on the training start, that's always exciting to start fresh.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that "Knocked Up" was pretty funny.

Still, sorry that you didn't get to kayak and see the manatees. Damn those tropical storms! Next time, right?

J~Mom said...

I am voting for one last slack day. Then buckle down tomorrow!

MNFirefly said...

Bummer on the kayaking.

At least you saw a good movie and some sea creature plus you drank beer. That's a good thing.

Marcy said...

Most definitely slack off!!!! You'll regret it if you don't :P

Total bummer about the kayaking :(

Anonymous said...

That is too bad about Barry but at least you made the best of it.

L*I*S*A said...

Yep, Chicago training begins this week for me as well. :)

BRING IT ON!!

ws said...

the day after a storm is so beautiful, it's amazing...

good luck with your official start tomorrow!