TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New and Improved Vitamins

On Sunday morning, I swallowed my final multi-vitamin and I was ready to search for something more digestible. What I found is glorious.

For those long time readers of my blog, you'll recall the numerous complaints I've lodged against the vitamin industry for manufacturing large, hard-to-swallow, disgusting vitamins; I have been making the demand for years that vitamins be reduced in size and coated in something tasty. Someone was listening.

The good people at Viactiv now have multi-vitamins that are flavor-coated, and they come in two tastes: vanilla and berry. I picked up the berry and I had my first one yesterday -- I can report to you, dear readers, that it goes down smooth, has a pleasant taste, and is indeed smaller than the previous vitamin (yet has all the same contents). Granted, it's more expensive (flavor-coating doesn't come without its cost), but for me, it's a worthwhile expenditure.

Yeah, I still have to choke down that horse-sized fish oil (omega 3) pill, but perhaps with another few years' griping, I will prevail on that front as well.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no...a new vitamin I'll have to try!

I've never had problems popping pills until a month or so ago, when I started showing acid reflux symptoms. Now I have to watch it that I don't take too many supplements at once.

Anonymous said...

Jess! the website is www.embraceeachstep.com

the photos dont do the jewelry justice! and the one that i have is actually circles, where the pic looks more square-ish.

I want to add the 26.2 one to my necklace..

Krista said...

Good to know! I need to venture into the supplement world but I also hate pills. Do you think they're doing anything for you? I'm so torn on whether vitamins help or not.

keith said...

The human growth hormone and pure anabolic steroids i take are all injected. No pills here...

I need to go tear apart a car with my bare hands now.

no but seriously, i am in admiration of your resourcefulness and dedication to your training right now. Waayyy to go!

Marcy said...

Sweet!!! I totally dig the Viactiv Calcium Chews. I'll have to check out the multivitamins!

J~Mom said...

I am going to check them out! I need to start taking something! Thanks for the tip!

ws said...

I've never been able to commit to taking a multi-vitamin. Perhaps I'll try these. You should contact Viactiv about compensation for the product endorsement.

Alison said...

I have no problem swallowing regular vitamins - I just can't make myself take them every day! I don't know why it's so difficult to remember to swallow a silly little pill.

Alison said...

I have no problem swallowing regular vitamins - I just can't make myself take them every day! I don't know why it's so difficult to remember to swallow a silly little pill.

miss petite america said...

damn you vitamin people, make me fel guilty for not taking them! i can never remember to take them everyday.

Neese said...

oh thank you, i've been taking a GNC horse pill -- i'll watch for these, thanks!

brunettechicagogal said...

You need to take a big ol' gulp of water with those pills. And lean your head back -- works every time.

And vitamins DO make a difference, especially if you're over 30. And if you are even remotely thinking of having a baby, you should be taking folic acid or a multivitamin w/folic acid every day.

Anonymous said...

Jess -
Lori Brauer designs and makes the necklaces at www.embraceeachstep.com. She is a doll! This was my second order from her and she is very speedy.

Margo