TAT CN Header

Friday, June 08, 2007

Beer, I mean "Bowling," Report

Here I am, bowling. Don't I have good form?

So, despite my expressed desire to "not drink too much," I consumed many glasses of beer (this is why pitchers of beer are so dangerous -- your glass just keeps getting magically refilled and there's no way to truly keep track of how many you've had), yet this was the key element of my game because my best game was my 3rd one (score: 139, not real great, but great for last night -- I had a dismal performance).

Overall, bowling was loads of fun and it was great to be back in league and see some leaguers that we hadn't seen in a whole year, as well as enjoy good times with the friends we see frequently (our circle of friends makes up a fourth of the league teams -- we are a presence). At the end of the night, my husband and I restrained ourselves from stopping by the Taco Bell drive-thru (there's something about the combination of bowling and beer that works up a terrible hunger for a chalupa); instead, we found ourselves at home scarfing down leftover paella. That's got to be a little better for us.

Anyhoo, this evening I have a party to go to where I really do need to take it easy on the drinks because tomorrow I have a six miler. But for today? Nothing but rest, homies, nothing but rest.

13 comments:

Erin said...

We drank 3 pitchers between the three of us and Sally on the South Beach diet who doesn't need to diet, didn't drink a full pitcher. You can safely say you drank over a pitcher.

Ryan said I have a 10 mile bike ride scheduled for 7am tomorrow. I hope one of our stops is McDonalds!

Anonymous said...

I like the pic!! Haha! Sounds like you had fun! I have a party also tonight. Hope you have fun

Jess said...

Erin: Yes, "Sally on the South Beach Diet" certainly doesn't need to diet! Her "fat" arms (which are the size of my fore arms) don't need any shrinkage. She needs to suck it up and drink more beer!

Good luck with that 10 mile bike ride. If I had a bike, I would go along, but alas, I do not own such machinery.

CollegeGirl: Have fun at your party this evening!

Anonymous said...

The new version of P & P. But then again, I *love* Colin Firth :) Maybe both then!

Anonymous said...

I will not stand for this blog back talking! I was trying to be good for once!!! However, Jess whomever took that amazing photograph of you deserves some credit. Phenomenal.
Love,
ms. anonymous

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like fun! I haven't consumed much alcohol since I left good ole GF! I am saving myself for my sister's wedding! Nice job on the bowling!

Jess said...

Yes, Meg, I mean "Ms. Anonymous," that is some quality picture-taking. Thanks!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO!! Love it!!! And frankly I'm jealous! Pffftttt you can totally run a 6 miler half drunk, no prob LOL Have fun tonight!

J~Mom said...

LOL!! Now that is bowling with style!

Alison said...

Wow - 139 is good! My best score ever is 118 and I was sooo proud of that. I definitely had my share of drinkage last night too, despite my "no drinking on weekdays" rule. Whoops.

Anonymous said...

yay for bowling.
good luck w/ the running tomorrow.

ws said...

hungover runs can sometimes be really good runs. I think it is the intense desire to finish that always makes me run a little faster when partially drunk or hungover. I'll send some cool breezes your way tomorrow morning for the six miler.

L*I*S*A said...

I absolutely love bowling and all the pitchers that come along with it. :)