TAT CN Header

Friday, June 29, 2007

Funday Friday

Alrighty, sorry about that little tirade over bowling last night. There's nothing I really want to elaborate on -- let's just say that it's been an up and down week emotionally and I took something that someone said and kinda blew it out of proportion in my mind and let it upset me more than I should have. Combine that with some beer, a crappy game, and yeah, at the end of the night, I found myself sitting outside the bowling alley crying. And that's probably what upset me the most; I cry maybe a few times a year and always over the stupid stuff. My friend Lou died in April and I couldn't shed a tear. But someone says something stupid at bowling, and I'm a waterworks. (This happens, of course, b/c I hold back when I shouldn't and I allow months' worth of stuff to bottle up -- then something insignificant happens and I'm like Nigagra Falls. It frustrates me.)

Anyway, after a solid night's sleep, I feel just fine. Last night I just needed to do a little cursing.

Today, however, is not going to be an exciting day -- my job is to sit around and wait for the tile people to arrive (they were supposed to start yesterday but that didn't happen), and once they do arrive, I have to sit around while they do their job (at least I have the new RW to read!). Hopefully, I get a short run in this evening, but I'm not sure how that will work since the tile will block our access to the bedroom and bathrooms and we can't walk on it until tomorrow. So, running produces the problem of needing a shower afterward, and I don't think my husband wants to spend the night on the air mattress next to stinky-mcgee. I guess I'll have to see how the tile progress actually goes before committing to any running plans.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always run to our house later tonight, shower there and have the Bear pick you up. I don't want any stinky Jess's on Saturday.

Wes said...

LOL. I went back to your last post to see what you were talking about, and I thought, "Wow!" She's a sailor ;-) Its good to let it all out and who cares what anybody else thinks, eh? Hope your tile-ing goes well!!

David said...

I say go for the run even if the shower isn't available. You can always let the husband hose you off while you sing "Maniac" and do the dance. Who knows, could be the catalyst for a good evening! ;-)

MNFirefly said...

Swearing is a fucking great release. :D Crying is a even better one. I hope your run goes well for you.

teacherwoman said...

Oh girl, I too keep things bottled up until I burst...

I was just telling Neese yesterday that you know you're a runner when you get pumped to receive the new RW in the mail! Enjoy your friday!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO David!! Yeah that could be some hot stuff right there!!!

Anonymous said...

Ehh... sometimes you have to let loose. Your last post made me laugh!

Hope the tiling goes well tonight :) Enjoy a day off.

J~Mom said...

David is on a roll today!!!

I am glad you got it out and glad you feel better today. I for one love to drop the f bomb when I have something to get out. :>)

Have fun with the tile!

Junie B said...

must have been something about yesterday.

i lost it in my office and was crying uncontrollably and totally freaked my boss out.

ugh.

Gotta Run..... said...

I totally get where you are coming from with the crying stuff. You nailed it though... I bottle until I explode.

Rich said...

OK - ear muffs are coming off then :-)