TAT CN Header

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday's 3

The only way to describe my 3 miles this evening is with one word: HOT.

At 7:30, the sun was setting and a breeze was stirring the palms, but the temp was still hovering close to 90 and I don't know what the humidity was. I could feel my face burning from the exertion and I was thankful that the schedule only had me down for 3 -- I don't know if I could've survived much more in the heat.

I have, have, have to try and get up early for tomorrow's 9er; otherwise, I fear that I may burst into flames.

4 comments:

Mendy said...

This is SOOO what I hate about training in the summer - The heat. I'll take cold running anyday over this hot, humid weather. That's why I sacrificed an hr of sleep this AM to get it over with before the 90's temp hit.

Good luck on your run tomorrow. I have my LR sunday.

Firefly's Running said...

Good luck tomorrow. ROCK ON!

Randy said...

Flame bursting is not allowed, especially on weekends, then we would just try to douse you with more beer, not a good plan....Run good today and stay safe in the heat......

ws said...

record highs are totally ridiculous lately. last weekend, even with running in the morning, when I stopped for a water break I actually felt like my face would explode from the heat. Good luck this evening...