TAT CN Header

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday's 3

The only way to describe my 3 miles this evening is with one word: HOT.

At 7:30, the sun was setting and a breeze was stirring the palms, but the temp was still hovering close to 90 and I don't know what the humidity was. I could feel my face burning from the exertion and I was thankful that the schedule only had me down for 3 -- I don't know if I could've survived much more in the heat.

I have, have, have to try and get up early for tomorrow's 9er; otherwise, I fear that I may burst into flames.

4 comments:

Mendy said...

This is SOOO what I hate about training in the summer - The heat. I'll take cold running anyday over this hot, humid weather. That's why I sacrificed an hr of sleep this AM to get it over with before the 90's temp hit.

Good luck on your run tomorrow. I have my LR sunday.

MNFirefly said...

Good luck tomorrow. ROCK ON!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Flame bursting is not allowed, especially on weekends, then we would just try to douse you with more beer, not a good plan....Run good today and stay safe in the heat......

ws said...

record highs are totally ridiculous lately. last weekend, even with running in the morning, when I stopped for a water break I actually felt like my face would explode from the heat. Good luck this evening...