TAT CN Header

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday's 8

Despite the fact that the afternoon and evening rain helped drop temps into the high 70s, it's still almost 90% humidity out there which made my evening 8 miler a little sweaty (to say the least).

I haven't run 8 miles since, probably, January? Maybe in February. Anyway, it's been awhile, and I could feel it. Not in the first 4 miles, and not even up through mile 5, but at mile 6, I was starting to feel tired, and at mile 7, I felt pretty much done. My foot was starting to ache and my right arm had rubbed against my sports bra (didn't remember the Body Glide there) and that was smarting as well. So I stopped at a red light that blocked my crossing and stretched a bit (for as much as I bitch about having to stop at lights, sometimes they can be a blessing). That seemed to be what I needed, and when the light turned green in my favor I resumed running and made my way through the last mile.

I didn't bring a watch or my Garmin (I'm not much for running with time gadgets), but according to the kitchen clock, it took me about 90 minutes, which seems right. My foot is still achy, but I stretched and iced and the hubby has promised a foot rub, so all of that should help.

But, I'm off to sip the rest of my Gatorade and enjoy some crappy Sunday night TV! Good night.

9 comments:

ws said...

a little sweaty - I'm sure that is a major understatement. I think the humidity makes all the aches worse also.

I'm always impressed by people that run without timing gadgets, I don't know how you do it. Enjoy your Monday recovery.

Marcy said...

I'm with Wendy. Even though I hate the Garmin, I NEED it LOL.

Awesome job getting it done and getting a foot rub out of the man!! WHOO HOOO

Erin said...

Wow! You are a trooper. I can't believe anyone exercised outside yesterday. I would have been more worried about being struck by lightening than the humidity or rain. Good thing you don't run with an umbrella! LOL!

keith said...

hell of a job! way to go jess!

Jess said...

Congrats on getting through those 8 miles. The humidity has been awful here recently too. I need some thunderstorms!

Jason The Running Man said...

Awesome job pushing through on the run. The humidty has been terrible here! Yesterday was 95 and humid. Today 97 and with the humidity 102!OUCH.

J~Mom said...

Sweet!! Sounds like a nice run..I used to beg for the red lights, LOL. Then when they turned green I would be so mad. I can tell I am getting in better shape because now they are starting to annoy me. ;>)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're my hero! Hehe

Mendy said...

Great job on getting out there and gettin' it done! and at 7:30pm. It's hard for me to do workouts that late... just not in the mood anymore. I have to do mine am, or lunch or
RIGHT after work.

I sometimes love the red lights too. Shhh... don't tell anyone.

Humidity sucks too!