TAT CN Header

Friday, June 22, 2007

Uff-Da

You know that feeling when you wake up after drinking, and it's not the "ugh" feeling in your stomach or in your head? It's the odd sensation that you were a *tad* obnoxious the night before. No? Is it just me?

So, um, yes, I had me some drinks at bowling, and yes, ahem, I got a little intoxicated. When I'm drunk several things happen: I get loud and foul-mouthed and I tend to talk a lot. Thus, this lingering feeling this morning that I was a handful last night.

Doesn't help that I also did a little drunk blogging as well -- I should know by now that I can't type when drunk and I shouldn't be allowed near a computer. Thankfully, my husband told me to get off the computer and go to bed, b/c otherwise? I probably would have gotten much further with the blogging and/or email.


But, it was a fun night. My team got our shirts in, so now we match and look smashing together (we included that baby bottle in the pic just for you readers). The only downside? My shirt is a touch big, and they are all made of polyester, which is not so breathable, so we all got a little sweaty in them. But, that's the price you sacrifice for the team, I guess.

And, at the end of the night, my husband bought me a delicious corn dog -- seriously, at the time, it tasted like a little slice of heaven (that was battered, deep-fried and stuck on a stick). I had my beer, my corn dog, my homies, and bowling. What more does a girl need?

(Well, this morning I needed a lot of water and some aspirin, but that's totally different.)

19 comments:

David said...

I know the feeling very well. Let's just say I probably shouldn't ever run for public office. Ahh, good times...good times...

You off for a nice morning run? :)

Seriously, hope you start feeling better soon, and I'm glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

The medical term for the condition you described is called ADG, which is short for After Drunk Guilt. Most suffer from it sooner or later, and conditions are increased by hangovers. The good news is that most cases are over as soon as that next beer, and usually subside significantly by the next day. In 99% of cases studied in labrotory environments, the sufferer heightened the symptoms higher than warranted.

Don't worry Jess, you were fine last night. Your hugbomb was very accurate.

Junie B said...

Jess to answer your question on my blog...

Beer happened. And very little sleep again last night = sleepwalking :o)

Junie B said...

Oh God we are so much alike it really, really scares me; right down to the corn dog.

Marcy said...

Looks like some great times, great times! Ehhhhh, don't worry about it. I think we've all had some nights like those hehe ;D ;D So how did the bowling performance go? LMAO!

M said...

Hi,

I’ve seen you like to run! I’m from the Netherlands and running is also a hobby of mine.

I’ve developed a GPS running webpage. This webpage draws a line in Google Earth so that you can see where you have been. You also can ‘fly’ above the route by pressing ‘play’. When you have uploaded your trip you can analyze your run by means of height, heartbeat and speed graphs.

You can even put your trip on your own web log. Check mine to see how that looks like.

All these features are free and I hope you have some time to check the TTSM webpage.

There are already a lot of runners active at our page. Here’s a trip of the New York friendship run.

Regards,

Martijn

J~Mom said...

We are all just jealous of the fun times!! Love the shirts, they are cute!

Anonymous said...

haha! sounds like you had fun!

i always like your pics of you holding beer or food -they crack me up!

Neese said...

your comment on Marcys blog cracked me UP!!!

Wes said...

Is it just me? Or do all of your pics have beer in them? LOL. You absolutely CANNOT bowl without drinking beer. Same for golf. Time of the day does not matter. It's been a while since I've BWIed (blogged while intoxicated). Damn training keeps me off the spirits for the most part. And I luv corn dogs! So jealous!! I can never pass up a good one :-)

ws said...

You could have had a bloody mary and a beer this morning to calm the hangover. Plus, you can ensure that nothing bad every comes from these events by encouraging your bowling partners to drink as much, if not more, than you.

Hope you're feeling better - some time relaxing in the sun should help.

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! And well-deserved!

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Uff-da....sounds like something my wife and her side of the family from North Dakota would come up with...one of those "Ollie" things, get uff-da couch.....I saw your post somewhere else earlier this morning and it got me laughing so hard I can't remember who's blog it was on...but oh what a riot.....keep it up.

David said...

Jess, you starting to feel human again yet, or still fuzzy?

Jess said...

David: Yeah, I'm feelin fine this afternoon. Thankfully I don't have classes on Fridays, so I can take it easy on days when I stuff myself with beer and corndog the previous night! Currently, I'm anticipating an evening run, but it's gonna be awhile: still 95 out there!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a good time.

miss petite america said...

i know the feeling. very. very. well. luckily i surround myself with people who think i'm funny when i'm drunk.

and i heart heart heart corndoggies! if you're ever in CA you must have hot dog on a stick with their fresh lemonade!

Mendy said...

Sounds like you gals had a blast. But, you didn't say whether you bowl better sober, tipsy, or drunk...

All that matters is that you had a fun time!!!

Like Wes, so jealous of eating corn dogs. I love good drinking food! yummy.

Rich said...

If you think you were funny, then you were funny. Don't let something minor like memory get in the way of that logic :-)