TAT CN Header

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tired

Last night, I had the WORST night of sleep. I tossed and turned, and I felt like I woke up every twenty to thirty minutes. I had sporatic, restless sleep and today feel pretty much out of it.

Why?

Well, I blame my husband. It was he who suggested we try switching sides in bed "just for fun." Now, why would I want to do that? I have him strategically positioned so that if monsters come in the bedroom, they'll eat him first; plus, I like to be closest to the fan (can't sleep without a fan).

At 6 am when I got back into bed after taking Scooter out (who wouldn't trade his spot in the bed for anything), I told my hubby to "move over," and I got my last hour of sleep (the best of the night) on the appropriate side of the bed. The forecast is in favor of a nap this afternoon, and I can inform you that I will NOT be switching sides again tonight "just for fun."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how I sleep every night. I had that side of the bed for two years; so I think that we should switch sides of the bed for the next two years.

It's only fair that I get the fan, and you get the dog sleeping in between your legs.

This is all payback for the talk about getting a cat.

Jess said...

Jer-Bear: Now honey, you know that my status as "wife" allows me to dictate all aspects of our living arrangement, so I'm afraid the topic is NOT up for discussion: You will NEED to return to your side for monster-bait, and I'm sorry, that's all there is to the matter.

And maybe I'll get a cat just to piss you off :) Damn the sneezing it will cause me!

teacherwoman said...

You're too funny!

I only had 3 hours of sleep last night...so there! I should have never gone out last night and drank... not on a school night! :)

miss petite america said...

maybe you need to rearrange the bedroom so that EVERYONE is happy.

or just flip your mattress...so TECHNICALLY you will be sleeping on the "other side" of the bed.

Liz said...

I sleep on the side by the door so that if the girls cry I can get up and take care of them. Sometimes my husband likes to switch sides of the bed too, but does he get up when they cry? NO! I have to get up from the unknown side, trip over 15 things just to get to the door. It doesn't happen very often. He often tries to do it when I am already asleep and can't argue with him!

J~Mom said...

OMG no, you cannot switch sides like that. That is part of the for better or worse. You are stuck to the same side forever!

Erin said...

We switch it up every now and then too. It's not so bad. Suck it up!

Oh, a cat...Jazzy cat is for loan anytime :)

Yeah, I got in after 1am, couldn't fall asleep and was up and at work before 8am. Little sleep in my bed last night also.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO!! Heck yeah!!! Once that ring slips on the old finger any hope that a husband has for even thinking he has some sort of control goes out the drain :P Good thinking on making him sleep on the monster side, he's a male and they're expendable :P