TAT CN Header

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Progression of a Cold, Jess-Style:

Day One: Irritated throat. It feels dry like I just need to drink lots of liquids to make it feel normal. Refuse to believe it's actually a cold coming on.

Day Two: Full blown sore throat and stuffy head, maybe the beginning of a wracking cough. Now believe that it is a cold, but that it's probably just a "minor bug" that will be gone by tomorrow.

Day Three: Throat feels less sore, but the wracking cough is in full swing. It sounds like part of a lung might come up. Fever develops. Achy all over. Boogery nose -- for example, I might bend over and a string of snot may just slide out my nose. The symptoms seem to peak in severity at this point, and I usually have one of those fevery nights of sleep, where I wake up sometime in the middle of the night all sweaty.

Day Four: Fever has broken. Head still all stuffed up. Boogery-ness persists. Cough sometimes lingers for a full week, but the worst is over.*

I'm currently in Day Four, peeps, and last night the fever + watching "Pan's Labrinyth" (which is really excellent, BTW) = some really f*d up dreams.

*Edit: Scratch that "worst is over" statement. I feel terrible today. So much so that I've opted to stay home from a friend's bbq/poool party -- when I stay home from a social event, you know that means I'm ill.

4 comments:

NICOLE said...

I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

miss petite america said...

ugh the boogeryness is the worst!!!

have that husband of yours take good care of you!

Marcy said...

Bummer!!! ITA, get that man of yours to be your servant for the day (like he isn't alright or anything LOL) Hope you feel better soon!

J~Mom said...

Dang that sucks!! I hope tomorrow is a much better day!