TAT CN Header

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Morning Report

Scooter has been feeling a little icky the past day or so. He had his rabies/distemper vaccine updated on Thursday, and side effects of the shot include lethargy and mild ickiness (yes, that's a techincal term). Yesterday, he spent the entire day sleeping -- he only stirred when he heard me opening the refrigerator (a sign that he doesn't feel too bad).

Today, he continues to remain sleepy, but he might also be sad because my husband left this morning (I had to get up at the ungodly hour of 4 am to drive him to the airport) for a trip to MN. He's visiting family and will be back on Thursday, so until then it's just me and Scooter, chillin' like villains.

In other news, you might glance at this pic to the left and assume that, despite the presence of palm trees, this is a pic of the English Moors, but you'd be wrong. That's the golf course behind my house, and this is the strange smog that has been lingering for days now -- forecasters say it should clear by Monday, but still, it's eery.

By the by, note the water level in the canal -- see where the water is? Now, see where the bank of grass begins? That's where the water should be. Man, we need more than fog, we need serious rain -- the kind that's a slow drizzle for days so that it soaks in.

Lastly for you, my running news: went for a very nice, music-laden run last night and had no knee pain whatsoever! Wa-hoo! Still, I'm cautious, so I plan on keeping my run today short, but the improvement is so encouraging; plus, I can't tell you how awesome it is to run with my tunes again!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo is eerie! Looks almost like the English Moors than it does Florida.

I'm looking out my office window right now, and it's gray and cloudy. I think we've got rain coming soon. Maybe I should send you some from Oregon?

Erin said...

This fog/smoke thing stinks (literally)! I was out with the dog this morning and felt like choking from it. I couldn't wait to run back inside and go back to sleep.

Marcy said...

Ughhhh that looks nasty! And a little creepy LOL

YeeHaw on having the husband gone for a couple days! Party time! Lord knows what I'd do if mine ever left JK!

I'm glad that knee is feeling good :)

MNFirefly said...

Poor Scooter! I hopw he feels better soon.

J~Mom said...

That fog is strange!! I hope it clears up for you! Hope puppy feels better soon! Nice run! I love a great run with tunes!

brunettechicagogal said...

Poor Scooter. He's so cute. Glad your knees feel great -- I'd be cautiously optimistic as well, but you've been treating them right, so there's every reason to believe they're going to be OK. Just don't stop stretching and icing, ever -- that stuff is with you for the duration of your running career!

ws said...

Sounds like the knee recovery is going pretty well, that's awesome. Now, if it could just rain and cool down a bit running would be pleasant. Hope you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hope Scooter will be up and at them soon. And that you both will see the sunshine soon.

Jenniferlyn said...

Is that from the fires in FL? How odd!

Congrats on knee pain free running!!!! That is something to celebrate!

Oh - and I hope that scooter is doing better today.

Alison said...

I know he's sick so I should feel bad, but that's the cutest picture ever.

Krista said...

Good news about the running! Hopefully all this rest pays off and you stay pain-free ...

runliarun said...

The picture is beautiful - so evocative. It reminds me of stories by Somerset Maugham.