TAT CN Header

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Monday Night Return

By yesterday evening, I was feeling much improved, and aside from some congestion, I felt ready to get out of the house. So I decided to go for a short run.

It sucked.

I got 1 mile and at that point two things happened: 1. I realized my energy level had not fully recharged and that running had probably not been the best idea, and 2. My mp3 pooped itself. Well, actually, it seems to be malfunctioning when it gets to certain songs on the playlist. The simple fix would be to remove those songs, but I'm still pissed -- this mp3 player has given me nothing but trouble and I'm sick of spending too many afternoons on hold with tech support.

Anyway, at mile 1, I turned around and walked home, sans tunes. I'm feeling good again today, but tonight is a walking night. Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be feeling good and ready for a full run.

9 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Atleast you attempted a run. That's better than assuming it would suck and not try at all!

What kind of Mp3 player do you have? It isn't a Nano is it? I have heard of that happening before on other Mp3 players... interesting... and frustrating I assume!

J~Mom said...

Well I think it's better to at least try then to never leave the couch at all. Sorry it sucked. Next time will be better!

Marcy said...

I agree with Lisa, at least you did something! I'd probably still be on the couch. Sorry it didn't go so well, hopefully the walk will go better :)

Krista said...

Sorry you're feeling ill! Hopefully the walk tonight does a better job of charging up your batteries.

Jess said...

Teacherwoman: It's a Sandisk, e250. My husband bought it for me for x-mas, and I have lots of trouble with transferring music, and now, actually listening to music.

My poor hubby, he seems to think I'm criticizing him each time I yell at the thing. It was a wonderful gift, but I think I might have gotten a lemon.

Anonymous said...

You got out and tried! Sometimes just doing a walk helps get you back on track.

panasonic massage chairs"

ws said...

Glad to hear you are feeling at least a little better. Enjoy your walk this evening...

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I had the same problem tonight. Was doing great, got to 1.5 miles and just was too pooped out. My stomach hurt. Walked the remaining 1.5 home. I'm hoping that maybe the walking part helped me some.

My next Mp3 is going to be the iPod Shuffle. It's light and cute and holds just enough songs for what I need!

MNFirefly said...

I give you an "A" for effort, Jess!