TAT CN Header

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Friday Night Fairy Tales

Last night, it was cloudy and rainy (translation = cooler), so I went for a run in the early part of the evening: another 3 miler that went excellent. And while it wasn't as hot out there as it could've been, it was still humid, so I was sweatin' like the devil in hell (most of the time, when I get home from a run, I have to peel my clothes off and it looks like I stepped into the shower with them -- I'm such a sweat monkey!), but it felt good, and I was again pleased with the run.

After my run, my husband and I made dinner, and decided that we just had to see "Shrek the Third." Now, in general we have a policy about NOT seeing movies on either Friday or Saturday nights, especially when the said movie has just been released (we have had some terrible theater-going experiences with the audience, i.e. teenagers, annoying the hell out of us, so we almost never attend a movie on those nights when the theater will be full); however, we both wanted to see the flick and we just wanted to go to a movie. We called some friends who came and met us at the theater, but the first 2 showing times we wanted were sold out. Which actually worked out fine: we went to a later show and popped in to a bar for a couple of drinks.

So, the movie was hil-ar-i-ous! I loved it. I think I loved it better than the first two, but my husband said he still thought the first one was the best, but he agreed that this was very funny (maybe it was the two beers beforehand, I don't know, but I found myself giggling and laughing through the whole damn thing!). Thankfully, while the theater was crowded (so, so many children -- although, for a 9 o'clock movie, shouldn't most of these 3-year-olds be in bed? I'm not a parent so I don't know, but it seems like getting home near 11 is too late for a young kid), once the movie began, they were marvelously quiet.

I really enjoyed the evening: good run, nice dinner, a few drinks, a great movie, ahhhh -- it was a fun time.

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Sounds like a sweet night and great run!! Get ready to laugh but the last movie that I ever saw in a movie theater was . . . . Master and Commander: Far Side Of The World, when I was pg with my first (see what happens when you have kids, no time for anything :P ) Yeah, 9 is pretty late for a 3 year old, but hey as long as they aren't my kids, it's cool LOL

ws said...

at least I'm not the only one sweating like that. when I come home from long runs I feel like I'm separating myself from saran wrap.

I love Shrek - and I've already convinced my mother to get me all 4 McDonalds' glasses and a happy meal toy. (sad, I know).

Have a great Saturday...

Erin said...

The movie was great and the kids behaved. The only problem for me was sitting in the second row! My god my neck and eyes were sore. I prefer to sit up in the middle about 3/4 of the way from the screen.

Shrek was my favorite. 2 was ok but 3 was pretty darn good and highly recommended. I love the music and adult jokes-not to mention the amazing graphics.

Neese said...

our lives seem to parallel each others sometimes, we were just talking tonight about seeing Shrek... because of the opening weekend crowds we opted for a celtic concert here at the theatre, can't wait to see Shrek though glad to know it's funny!

MNFirefly said...

I can not wait to see that movie. I am glad that it was great evening for both of you.

J~Mom said...

Ooh can't wait to see Shrek 3. I have a date with my son to see Spiderman 3 first. Ah he is growing up. LOL I am really ready for Pirates though...yummmm Johnny Depp. Sorry, off topic with summer movie talk.

Glad your run went well!