TAT CN Header

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Pretty Toes and a Hot Dog

I went and got that pedicure yesterday, aren't my toes pretty? (How do you like that flip-flop tan line?)

I also did some more laying out by the pool yesterday (the past few days have been soooo relaxing!), but only for a little bit because it was too hot! Lately, the humidity has drastically increased (yet, it's incredibly dry here -- we're on water restrictions; what a paradox) and the temps during the day are ridiculous.

I took Scooter for a walk in the early afternoon and when we returned home, he plopped down on the cement floor to cool off. Poor thing; it's hot for humans, but can you imagine wearing a fur coat out there? A pup needs his A/C!
Since it's hot out there, I obviously can't run during the daylight hours (and we already know I didn't get up early to run this morning), so I'm planning another evening run tonight. I'll still keep it short. You can't imagine how much of a doofus I feel like when I read everyone else's blogs and you guys are reporting "I ran an easy 10 miles this morning" while I'm struggling through a measely 2.

But, I'm not going to be bothered by that. Patience. I must be patient.

10 comments:

Taunya said...

Nice toes! I love pedicures too. Best way to treat your feet after all the running abuse.

ws said...

Your toenails look awesome...mine haven't recovered from running in wet socks/sneakers yet...

Sure, dogs get hot, but aren't you jealous that they have no responsibilities and can lounge around all day?

You don't want to wake up at 4:45am to run at 5:45am when it is already 77 degrees??? Everyone is on their own schedule, don't worry about what other people are doing. Enjoy the evening run - I'll hope for a mild cold front of low 70's weather...

brunettechicagogal said...

Oh, do I need a pedicure. Thanks for reminding me. If you want to feel massively better about your mileage, just remember I've been sitting on my ass for the last week due to injury. No exercise here since Wednesday.

Brooke said...

Girl, 10 miles is a distant dream for me right now, so I'll muddle through the 3's with you.

teacherwoman said...

SOunds like a hot and busy weekend!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Look at those fabulous tootsies!! I need to get a pedi done sometime soon. My feet are gross.

At least you've got weather conducive for a pool! And take it easy in the heat, especially with your running!

J~Mom said...

Woohoo! Cute toes! I know what you mean about the ten milers...

MNFirefly said...

Awesome pedicure!

Junie B said...

flip flop feet.

i love flip flop feet.

Unknown said...

Beautiful toes