TAT CN Header

Monday, May 28, 2007

Debating

On whether or not I should go to the doctor.

It's such a tough call. On the one hand, this could just be a simple cold and I would feel like an idiot going to the doctor for that (especially since it's Memorial Day today so nothing is open and that means my only choice is the emergency room).

On the other hand, this is the 4th time I've been sick like this in 6 months, and the cough (which is wet and mucus-y) and the headache around my eyes seem to suggest that I might have a sinus infection. And my thought is that if I don't see a doctor, this cycle will just repeat itself again in a few months.

What to do? What to do?

*Afternoon Update: I am feeling much better now than I was first thing this morning, so I have decided to NOT go visit the doctor, and if this recurs in another month or two, I guess I'll just kick myself.*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not usually a rush to the doctor kind of person, but if you think it might be sinus-related, you might want to go. Sometimes waiting stuff out just sucks, and the doctor could probably give you something that would make you feel better a lot faster.

Plus, you want to be in top form for training for Chicago!

Hope you feel better soon.

Kristen

J~Mom said...

Tomorrow the office is going to be packed so if you think it's sinus related I vote for today.

Marcy said...

I agree with Lisa!!! If you think it's sinus related GO!! Don't worry about feeling like an idiot, I'm sure people go in for more ridiculious things :)

teacherwoman said...

I hate going to the doctor. So, if it were me, I would wait it out a couple more days. Drink a lot of water.. to the point of having to pee every hour, and getting a lot of rest. It's all up to you though! I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon! Summer colds or sinus problems are awful! Just got caught up on reading your blog - I'm going to Chicago too! Probably going to 5/1 it since it's my first marathon and June convinced me that 5/1s are the way to go.

Margo

teacherwoman said...

glad to hear you're feeling better!

MNFirefly said...

See the doctor tomorrow if you can.

Froyd said...

my suggestion is to pound green tea when you feel like you're getting sick. it's worked every time for the last year for me. plus I'm having one green tea a day (before the coffee) and so far so good...

brunettechicagogal said...

A doc can't do much for a cold anyway. Glad you feel a bit better.

Marcy said...

How about I come over and kick you? LOL totally kidding!! I'm glad you're feeling better though ;D ;D

keith said...

Your writing cracks me up. Has anyone ever told you you're really quite genuinely funny?

Now they have.