TAT CN Header

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Running Report

Well, it seems that many of you are already hippies, or "near-hippies" anyway. Hey, that's cool, you're still my homies, and you've actually made me feel like eating organic is not as impractical as I felt like it would seem. But I do have to admit that giving up meat is probably not going to happen any time soon for me (although, I can mention that in college I didn't eat meat for a year -- but my bloodthirst eventually led me back to my carnivore ways), even though I have too read many disturbing things about ranching and slaughterhouses. As long as I can separate cows from the corned beef that ends up gracing the deliciousness of a rueben, then I'm able to keep on eating the meatiness.

But aside from food matters -- organic or otherwise -- last night I fit in my first real run in a week: 3 miles. It went just dandy, and despite the fact that I'm still kinda stuffed up from the weekend's illness, I felt like I conquered that 3 mile loop in lickety-split fashion (perhaps I should start bringing along the Garmin again to get some times for you peeps); plus, the exercise broke up some of the congestion (hocked a lugey -- spelling? -- in the shower afterward; yup, I'm a lady) and it felt like it cleared me up some.

My walking partner cancelled on me for this evening, so perhaps, I should do another run tonight, and then I wouldn't have to go tomorrow morning...hmmm, we'll see how distracting TV becomes.

9 comments:

ws said...

Always nice to feel better and it sounds like a good run. The Garmin is evil, but I'm using it to keep track of total miles now. A run tonight wouldn't be a bad idea, it might rain tomorrow (I've forgotten what rain is like).

By the way, is there decent TV now? I'm excited for Rescue Me to start in a few weeks, but I can't find anything else on TV to watch...(beside the OC reruns on SoapNet, of course).

Mendy said...

ahh... I like meat too much to give it up, however I don't have steak as much as I'd like to. Not great for the diet, but I eat chicken regularly.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was reading yours to get to know you a little more, and now I'm researching on what my cats eat based on what you said. Wow, there's a lot of disgusting stuff in our pet's foods.

anyway, Chicago!!!! yah... I see you got your room. Yeah, there's 6 of us going (4 are running it), and we got our rooms/tickets a couple months back. I have no idea where it is though - as I booked what my other running buddy found. I start training in 2 wks (16wk plan). good luck on your training and I'll be following it! I'm sooo nervous.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This might sort of strange, but I've been looking for interesting blogs to read, and I think yours is very interesting. I myself have started running for the first time! I was wondering if you have an e-mail address so I can invite you to read my blog? You can post it here or email it to me!

(college.girl00@yahoo.com)

L*I*S*A said...

Good job on the lugey. I'm sure it did help! I'll bet this is a sinus type of deal with a bit of extra drainage. Any chance you have seasonal allergies? I get them a bit more this time of year than any other. I'm battling my own tickling throat, itchy eyes and post nasal drip. Ahhhhh, lovely, eh?

I'm a definite carnivore. What would I do without chicken and turkey? I'm not a big red meat eater, though, so no justification for my steak as I think about the slaughterhouses.

Jess said...

WS: Well, there's not much by way of TV right now, but I have been watching "Arrested Development" on DVD through Netflix, and I love it -- I think it's hilarious! And I had a new disc arrive today, so chances are good that I'll watch the whole disc tonight. I'm a glutton like that.

Lisa: I DO have seasonal allergies. Porbably makes me a prime snot-ball candidate. Right now, my left ear feels completely blocked. I wish it would drain so I could hear again!

teacherwoman said...

Damn tv... get's me all the time!

Nice job on the 3... go out for an easy 2 or something tonight...and then watch all the tv you want!

Erin said...

Darn, way to make me feel guilty for not walking. I worked until 7pm and had errands to run. I have to get school work done and pack so we can go kayaking this weekend.

Marcy said...

Ohhhh I must definitely be a lady then!! You're in good company my friend LOL

Good job getting that 3 miler done!! Looks like you're on your way back baby!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the run.
BTW I'm catching up on your blog - my scooter i think wants the food your scooter is getting thanks for the info on the dog food. I guess if I eat like a hippie so should my dog!