TAT CN Header

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Twilight Ten

Because I had the 5K yesterday, I bumped my week's long run to today, and because I like to sleep in, I'd bumped its time to this evening. The 10 miler went pretty smoothly:

1: 9:29
2: 9:38
3: 9:51
4: 9:55
5: 11:16 (walked while I took half my GU and drank half my water)
6: 10:34
7: 10:38
8: 11:59 (walked again while polishing off the GU and the water)
9: 10:54
10: 10:56

Total Time: 1:45:21

The second half was certainly slower than the first half, so I could've paced myself a little better, but overall, it was a good, relaxed run by myself. When I got home, I did some slow stretching and foam rollering and now my legs are feeling pretty good.

Hubby made a delicious smelling dinner, so I think I'll sit down to that and spend the rest of the evening chillin. Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

11 comments:

SavvyFitChica said...

Way to get 'er done Jess! That's a really great 10-miler after a 5K race. You have a great new year too!

Kelsalynn

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Jess!

Christine said...

Hello! I'm new to running and blogging. Here is my blog http://runninduff.blogspot.com

Just had a quick question. Do you use a camelbak to hold your water and GU? I'm training for my first halfer...and have lots of questions. Keep up the great work

L*I*S*A said...

You rock. Way to get those kind of miles in. :)

Viv said...

Sounds like you deserve a tasty dinner! Best wishes for a great 2008 with a fun race schedule...

Jess said...

Nice job on the 10-miler. That's a solid run!

Nancy said...

Jealous...great job, Jess!!

Wes said...

Nice run, Chica! Two half marys is gonna be a piece of cake for ya :-)

teacherwoman said...

Nice job Jess! Looks like a pretty smooth 10-miler!

Mendy said...

Great 10 miles there Jess. Way to go. I will be doing a 10-12 tomorrow and hope it goes smooth, although not as fast as yours, I'm sure. I'll be back there again soon.

J~Mom said...

Nice job on your 10!!!