TAT CN Header

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sleepy Sunday

Had a few too many cocktails last night while watching "Ocean's 13" with the hubby and some friends; consequently, today has been one of the laziest days on recent record. I spent most of the day doing one of three things: sleeping, reading (I'm reading "The Golden Compass" -- yes, Lisa, I decided to check it out for myself; I'll let you know what my final review is -- and so far it's an intriguing, fast-paced tale), or watching tv (watched the movie "Licence to Wed," which I would give a C+ to: it was cute, but I thought its humor and plot were canned and cliche; still, I *heart* Jim from "The Office").

Note, no running listed there.

I have to say, since the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day, the running has pretty much been non-existent, but I hope to remedy that this week by getting more frequent runs in; plus, I have the "8 on the 8th" on Saturday (and so do many of you).

As for the rest of this evening? More of the three activities listed above. We got the first season of "Deadwood" on Netflix, so we're gonna check it out -- does anyone watch that series? -- and then we'll possibly watch the Sci-fi mini-series "Tin Man" (looks interesting, mostly because I like "The Wizard of Oz" and I'm always intrigued by the various recreations of the story, ie, "Wicked," so I want to see how this version compares).

10 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I'm intrigued by "Tin Man" also, but I think I'm going to DVR it. I can't stay up until 11:00!

ws said...

Because you mentioned the Wizard of Oz, I have to ask - what are your opinions on The Wiz?

Hope you feel refreshed tomorrow...

Mendy said...

Been eager to watch Ocean's 13. Just something about that cast lineup and the comedy in those movies I like. I hope it's good, cause it's on my Christmas Wish list, so I'm not watching it til I get it (hopefully). I love laying around watching TV all weekend or day, but with a 2 ft troll, these days it's hard.

Marcy said...

I watch Deadwood, only because I love the nasty talk ROFLMAO! Actually, I really didn't like the first season but for some reason kept watching and it grew on me. Now if HBO would just get on their butt and do the final season.

Erin said...

Oh Jessica. You and Ryan were on a roll with the drinks. The bummer is I didn't drink and I yacked last night and this morning. :(

J~Mom said...

I have "The Golden Compass" sitting on my nightstand to start. DS ended up loving it but we told him to hold off on books 2 and 3 until I give him the all clear. I better get after it.

I heart Jim also. We are almost through watching all of the first three seasons of "The Office" and I don't know what I will do without my daily dose of Michael Scott and the gang when we have watched them all.

nwgdc said...

still not over your last post and those pictures of cookies...mmmmmm if you need my address let me know.

Marcy said...

I think you totally need to have the kids here with you. It will give you great practice for when you have your own :P

Actually, watching other people's children is the WORST! You'd be amazed at how much patience you have when the kids are your own LOL

Laura N said...

I watched the middle part of Tin Man, and we DVR'd it so I'm looking forward to watching more. I really liked what I saw so far.

LOVED Wicked.

Your cookies are so sweet. How fun you two bake together.

P.O.M. said...

Let us know about Deadwood. I already netflix Weeds (hilarious), Nip Tuck, Big Love and Six Feet Under (done with that one). It's so much better to watch the entire season in like 2 sittings. ha ha.

I'm going to see Wicked on Thursday at the Pantages. SO EXCITED!@@@