TAT CN Header

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Shmursday

Yes, my holiday luncheon was much more fun yesterday than I had anticipated. I was welcomed at the "cool" table (this description prompted my husband to ask "who's 'cool' amongst English department faculty?" well, me to start with); and we had us some drinks. I stuck to beer, but one colleague had 3 shots of tequila! Lordy, I have lived some wild days in my life, but I don't think I ever got started on the tequila before sundown.

Anyway, over the course of sitting in the restaurant for nearly 3 hours, we bonded. It was awesome, and when I got back to the office, no, I did not grade (I'm not that irresponsible), but I stuck around for awhile and organized some materials and answered some emails, etc -- then I went home. And I have to say, the residual effects of drunk Jess in the afternoon is sleepy Jess in the early evening. So, I struggled to stay awake during "The Bourne Ultimatum" last night, but then I was wide awake for "Project Runway": however, I did not run at all last night, so that was a bust.

This morning I have to finish up my reading and submit my grades (shouldn't take me too long); then, I have a house to clean and food to prepare for this evening's soiree. Goodness, I feel popular this week.

14 comments:

keith said...

how many copies of your face (or other body parts) did you find on your desk this morning?

David said...

It almost sounds like the Dundie's party, with the tequila shooter being the "Pam" of the event. Glad you got to the cool table, though the whole thing seems a bit cooler than what I'm used to.

Marathoner in Training said...

What no grading, that is the only way I was ever able to get goodly grades, was to get the Prof drunk. Sorry about the run not developing

Laura N said...

Glad to hear you had a good time. I loved most of my English profs (my BA is in English/Lit, but don't quiz me on any great works of literature--my brain lost all that knowledge after I had my kids), but none of them were (or is it "was"? I have a hard time with "none"... is it "not one was"? or "none were"?) young and pretty like you are. I can, however, imagine them sitting around drinking. They'd be drinking port or brandy around a fire... the men smoking pipes. They were stuffy old codgers, mostly.

Good luck getting all your stuff together for the par-tay at your casa. Wish I could crash! =)

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHA at The Man! That is SO something my husband would say. And yes you ARE cool! ;-)

Erin said...

Wait, you emailed while intoxicated...we see how you blog when drunk so I hope it was just to us and not your students or coworkers!

Viv said...

LOL! I loved the Hubby comment..The cool table was a good table to be at.

J~Mom said...

You are sounding more relaxed already! I am glad the semester is wrapping up nicely! Just don't get too cool for us in blogland.

ws said...

I suspect there will be pictures of your soiree with catchy explanations so we can experience your popularity, too

Mary Gee said...

aw, come on... tequila is best before noon! oh, maybe this is why I don't drink anymore...

Anonymous said...

I thought last night's episode of PR was fantastic!!

MNFirefly said...

Wow! I don't know of ANYONE who could handle Tequila right away.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

You are always popular with this crowd...hope you know that.
I never knew tequila had any kind of a time limit, I thought you only quit when you ran out of salt or limes....hiccup...

Anonymous said...

Glad your office party was fun - mine was a bust.
And, I so love project runway. Too bad the Chicago guy had to leave but his dress was awful. And, poor Jack!
Have a great weekend.