TAT CN Header

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Legendary

I did not get up early this morning for my 5, so I'll have to do those miles later today. Mornings just aren't my 'thang.

But, I did want to tell you guys to run, don't walk, to go see the movie "I am Legend." My husband and I went last night, and it far exceeded my expectations. I don't want to give much away about its plot, so I won't go into much detail here, but it is the most intense and most intriguing "zombie" movie I've ever seen, and I'm a fan of zombie movies -- this just has so much more depth, so I really hesitate to call it a zombie movie, or even a horror movie, because it doesn't really feel like either, even though it kinda feels like both. And Will Smith? Pretty dang good. I mean, he was good in "The Pursuit of Happyness" but this is a whole other world of good, considering that for 99% of the movie he's alone.

And if you have a soul, I guarantee you'll shed a tear. Only zombie movie that's ever made me cry. Sheesh, it was just SO good.

Unfortunately, I dreamt about it all night last night. Wasn't the best night of sleep, but it was worth it.

13 comments:

Wes said...

Zombies or Vampires? Or does one icky undead creature pretty much look like every other icky undead creature! LOL!!! I see that the story plot doesn't distinguish. Sounds like a great movie. May have to see that one over Christmas! Have a great run!!

David said...

Even better zombie movie than Shaun of the Dead? Man, that's tough to say. SotD makes me cry, too.

No, seriously though, I do want to see the movie. Moreso now after your recommendation.

Froyd said...

are you sure it's supposed to be zombies? It SHOULD be vampires.

Have you read the OG book? One of my favorite sci-fi horror books. I'm interested in seeing how it lived up to that.

Marcy said...

I was wondering what the heck that movie was about! I haven't had time to go look for the details of it, but every time I saw a preview for the movie I was like "WTF is this?!" LOL At least now I knw there are zombies in it.

Anonymous said...

The Monsters in this movie aren’t exactly zombies, more of a kick ass zombie-vampire hybrid.

Plus it's like the best acting Will Smith has done since the Fresh Prince.

ws said...

It didn't occur to me that it was a zombie movie - I was thinking more "Day After Tomorrow" type of movie. I feel like I haven't been to the movies in forever...perhaps next week that will be a quiet place to go with the parental units.

Erin said...

We saw it Sunday and I liked it too. I wouldn't have thought to characterize this as a Zombie movie though. Very intense and emotional. Makes you stop and think a little too. You didn't mention drooling over his HOT body. That alone is reason to watch it.

Laura N said...

I agree, it's a great film. I was haunted by it all last weekend. Will Smith was amazing. It didn't feel like a 2 hour movie at all, it went by so fast. I am looking forward to seeing Charlie Wilson's War, which looks good at least from the previews.

Paul said...

That movie definitely rocked! Although Shaun of the dead is pretty damn good too! The dog was the best! :)

But I'm scared of the dark now.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Now I'm intrigued... hopefully we can go check it out.

Viv said...

Might, have to check it out. I was on the fence about it.. I just get scared easily so still debating it.

Margo said...

Really looking forward to seeing that and Sweeney Todd!

J~Mom said...

Thanks for the recommendation on the movie! DH and I have a sitter lined up for after Christmas so I will see if he will go to see it.