Thanks for the earlier advice, but despite deleting the suggested files and folders, as well as downloading and running both Ad Aware and Spybot, the problem is still there. I swear I spent the majority of the day downloading programs and running scans and searches; each offered a new hope, but then I'd re-boot the computer and the same problem was still in existence. Ugh; I think it's time to pay an expert to come and fix it.
Anyway, I did get my 3 miles in this evening and they were helpful in easing the frustration that the computer brought upon me throughout the course of the day. I waited until early evening (instead of repeating my error from yesterday), and the temps were much cooler. I took it easy on the pace, and just focused on relaxing through the miles. In fact, I think I only glanced down at the Garmin twice during the run and was even surprised when it beeped at the end of the 3 miles.
Total Time: 29:06
Tonight I'm gonna try my best to forget about the computer issues and settle in for some more "Deadwood" (first disc in the second season arrived today -- yippie!). Hopefully, we can get a computer geek out here to have a looksie soon, and until then, I'll just have to deal with the slowness and the pop ups.