TAT CN Header

Saturday, December 22, 2007

8 Miles, 2 Donuts, and a Latte in a Pear Tree

This morning when I got up at 6 am, it felt fr-fr-freezing out, but realistically, it was probably in the mid-50s. Still, as I drove to meet Wendy, I wore a long sleeved tech shirt, a sweatshirt, and I had the heat on full blast in my car (and part of me thought of donning mittens and a hat). But even though I was chilly to start the run, it was really the perfect temp to run in -- once I got warmed up -- and by the end, I had even shed my tech shirt and was down to the standard two pieces.

Mile 1: 9:41
Mile 2: 9:58
Mile 3: 10:01
Mile 4: 10:47
Mile 5: 9:55
Mile 6: 10:21
Mile 7: 9:52
Mile 8: 9:41

Total Time: 1:20:20

I stopped the Garmin right at the 8 mile mark, but we did run about one more block before stopping completely; I just didn't record it -- thus, my time this morning was about 6 seconds faster than "8 on the 8th" and I was pretty happy with the run. Plus, it was nice to run with Wendy again and the route along A1A is nice, especially first thing in the morning because we can see the sun rise over the ocean.

On my way home, I experienced an odd, intense craving for a donut, which is weird because I haven't had a donut in...I don't know how long. But it just sounded so good, so I pulled into a Dunkin Donuts close to home and picked up a few donuts and a coffee, and the donuts smelled so good that I inhaled one in the car -- the other I ate once I got home and got showered. So, I guess I got my donut fix for the year, and damn, they were delish!

Mileage for the week: 22. And today's the 22nd! And it's my bro's b-day! Co-inky-dink?

15 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Great run, Jess! Awesome splits!

Erin said...

Good job on the run! It looks like another beautiful day in southern Florida. We have the windows open and are prepping for the arrival of family.

Anonymous said...

mmm...donuts... I cannot remember the last time I had one...

L*I*S*A said...

Oh my...you think the 50's are cold? You are so cute. I'd take that in a heartbeat here in MI in December.

Sometimes donuts must be had post-run. Glad you listened to your inner self. :)

Mary Gee said...

Sounds like a great run and a great breakfast! Happy Birthday to Jess' brother!

Unknown said...

Nice run!!! After that, I think you deserve donuts. :)

David said...

Great job on the run! I wonder if it was the training, the company (a running buddy can be a great distraction), or just your body knowing it would get some yummy fuel later when it let you know what it wanted.

Stuart said...

I try to limit my donut intake to one a quarter...the anticipation is always better than the consumption!

Marcy said...

Did someone say DD's?!?! Funny, because I'm sitting here with my Munchkins and large coffee while reading :P

Sounds like a great run ;D ;D

runner26 said...

Nice, solid run. You earned the donuts ;)

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run, Jess! You do know that if you were to have worn mittens and a hat, I would have had to make fun of you!!! Come up here! It's 15 degrees but feels like -2 with the wind! lucky us!

Christie said...

I miss glazed donuts. Thanks for reminding me.

J~Mom said...

Nice job on your run!

I am not a big donut person either but every now and then they look yummy.

Mendy said...

Gosh, it's been a LONG time since I had a dough nut. Sounds delicious.

Glad you and Wendy had a terrific run!

Tri+Umph said...

Today I jumped on my bike because it was so warm outside. It was 39 degrees. These things really are relative huh?

Nice job on the 8!