TAT CN Header

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

3 instead of 5

What I mean by temps dropping "significantly" is that instead of temps being in the 80s for my run this evening, they were hovering around 68, and this morning it was 50 when I went to work. That's much cooler, and it's real nice.

So, I didn't do 5 or 6 miles this evening; in fact, I struggled to even motivate myself to go (I really, really wanted to just lay on the couch all night and continue watching "Deadwood," which BTW is awesome -- very grown up material -- but best series since "Weeds" and whole hella better than "Rome"). But, eventually, I pried myself from the comfy clutches of the couch, and I did 3 miles.

1: 10:01
2: 10:02
3: 10:18

Total Time: 30:22

Motivation has been like a roller coaster companion for me the last few weeks; I'm hoping that the break I have between semesters will be the cure I need to rediscover consistency. But for now, I'll take what I can make myself do; so now, if you don't mind, I think I'll return to the couch for a night cap of "Project Runway."

Peace out.

13 comments:

ws said...

I thought it was f-f-freezing yesterday morning and I doubt it was below 60 up here. Looks like another cold one today.

Only another week or so until break, right?

To answer your question, the 'rents will be here for four days and as of now they are staying with me. I don't expect that to change.

Big Jay said...

I've been having issues motivating myself, too...but we've got a few inches of snow on the ground. Not so much a fan of running in that.

Nice job getting out there and getting it done.

Marcy said...

Really? You like it better than Rome? My vote would have to go to Rome. But I think that is largely based on the fact that there are no surprises (I'm not a big fan of surprises and NEED to know endings :P). Everyone pretty much knows what's going to happen. And if you don't know and want to find out, do a quick Google search :P

Nancy said...

Good for you for getting out there!!

Oh, I love Project Runway.

My weather report? 18 degrees and snowing so hard and swirling that it is hard to see. It's piling up!! Going to be a little difficult to do 8 outside.

Tiffany said...

Motivation? What's that? Chicago put an evil spell on me :)

Triseverance said...

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing-that's why we recommend it daily.

Zig Ziglar American Sales Trainer, Author, Motivational Speaker

Triseverance said...

Oh and How many times can they say the words C**k S#*%@# on Deadwood. I miss that show since we dropped HBO.

MNFirefly said...

Oh come on, Jess. You know that you can do it. We have much, much colder weather. That's why I am best buddies with the treadmill now.

Mendy said...

Hey... At least you got your 3 in. I've had similar non-motivation lately. It's understandable.

Those temps sound wonderful! When it was time for my run this afternoon (that I didn't do), it was in the 30's and I feel a cold coming on.

Crap.

Your digits are very consistent!

Anonymous said...

Oooo, that weather sounds wonderful!

Funny thing, I'm watching my TiVo'd Project Runway right now.

Paul said...

It's that time of year..you get to recharge your batteries... :) for next year.

J~Mom said...

Motivation will come around as the spring races fall into place.

Viv said...

You got out there and off the couch, that is an accomplishment in it's own. I would have been looking for something else to watch. I gotta think about renting Weeds. I hear it is a funny series.