I got this holiday appropriate meme from Wes, and I couldn't resist:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? Wrapping paper. I love wrapping gifts and always have. As a kid, my parents used to have me wrap just about everything but my own gifts, which kinda sucked because then my stuff was the only stuff under the tree that wasn't wrapped pretty.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. I agree that real trees smell good, but I think that's their only good quality -- otherwise, they're expensive, messy, and hard to dispose of.
3. When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take down your tree? New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but not too much of it -- it's so rich!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Ewok village.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My brother Sam.
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? The year I wanted a Cabbage Patch Kid, and I got Rainbow Bright instead, I threw a fit. My mother gave me a "talking to" over that one!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! It's the one time of year I actually look forward to seeing what's in the mailbox!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start early, but every year I'm still at it right up until the day of reckoning.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't really have a favorite and there was never any traditional food in my family. However, I do like any occasion to stuff myself with turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc, so I guess they're all my favorite!
16. White or colored lights? White.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.
18. Traveling for Christmas or stay home? Staying home this year. And I'm thankful for that. Even though I know my husband misses his famiy at this time of year, I prefer to have the holiday with just us. Traveling and spending all that time with family gives me a headache.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Most of them.
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? We don't have a tree topper. It's au naturale.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds at the mall.
23. What I love most about Christmas? It feels cozy: the lit tree, the present wrapping, the baking, the movies, the music, there's something about it all that just feels "cozy."
So, you guys know the drill, you can consider yourselves all tagged if you'd like to copy and paste the meme to your own blog -- have fun with it and happy holidays!