TAT CN Header

Monday, December 24, 2007

Eve 3

This afternoon, we went to lunch with friends and then spent the afternoon playing games and drinking beer. And despite having about 5 beers, I still went for an evening run after they left around 4:30 pm.

Now, I've never run whilst slightly intoxicated, but I would not recommend it. The run itself was fine, if a bit slow, but the overall feeling was not optimal:

1: 9:37
2: 10:07
3: 9:48

Total Time: 29:33

After I got back from the run, the hubby had prepared a beautiful Christmas Eve meal for the two of us: prime rib, twice baked potatoes and sauteed asparagus, so we ate up and it was delicious! I think we may just be lazy for the rest of the night -- maybe watch a movie or something (TBS begins its annual 24 hours of "A Christmas Story" at 7 pm so we'll probably watch that). And tomorrow? Presents!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying the holiday!

8 comments:

triguyjt said...

my favorite meal...beef..potatoes and asparagus... thats the way to ring in the holiday. easy on that running while intoxicated.
enjoy your christmas

L*I*S*A said...

Enjoy the rest of your holiday. I'll have to try the run whilst a wee bit tipsy. It's one of those things on the list...tee hee...

Mendy said...

Sounds nice! Even the run, with the beers. I've done it too and while it feels fine for the 1st mile, I start burping after that, and then the cramps (from the beer) kick in. But, it's all good.

J~Mom said...

Sounds like a great day! Maybe running after a beer or two would speed me up a bit. I have a feeling that is what the weekend of PF Chang's is going to look like..drinking and running.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome splits AND under the influence. You ROCK!

Merry Christmas!

Wes said...

Merry Christmas, Jess! Ahhhhh... running while intoxicated. I was young like that once ;-)

Tri+Umph said...

Beer + Jess + Running = ???

Hooeyy, that sounds like quite the dangerous mix! I've run with a hangover (NOT recommended!), but never while still intoxicated.

Thats some dedication.

Marathoner in Training said...

Drinking and running, good thing you did not get pulled over.