TAT CN Header

Friday, December 07, 2007

Funday Friday

Lately, I can't seem to compose a cohesive post, so stick with me as I once again post several random thoughts together:

I think that if I ever have a child, and that child is a girl, maybe I would name her Stella. I like the name, and I love the beer. Yes, this idea occurred to me last night when I was partaking of a few Stellas, but that makes the idea no less valid, right?

I may strangle a student. Either today or sometime early next week. I'm just saying, it's a possibility. So, if I stop posting for a long period of time, assume I'm in jail.

Our home computer is still afflicted with the "ick" (did any of your childhood fish ever come down with that strange condition? I had two fish go to the big toilet bowl in the sky because of "ick"). We have attempted various vaccines, but so far, the virus is resistant.

Tomorrow is the "8 on the 8th" -- are you guys ready to rock that (virtual) race? I know I am. I think I may blow away those in my age group. Kidding. Marcy and Wendy and MPA are all in my age group, and I believe any one of them could kick my ass in this race. But, 4th in my AG still sounds good. I just won't tell friends and family that there were only 4 in my age group (actually, there may be more, but I don't have time to compile them).

And lastly, two funny student observations:

1. I was walking by a small group of students who were standing outside chatting, and I overheard this: "Dude, after I finish my finals on Monday next week, I'm gonna smoke a big, fat joint!" Me too, dude, me too :)

2. At the end of the semester, our whole department meets to read the prep students' final exams (it's a state exam they have to pass in order to enter into regular freshman composition); it's a tedious process and it takes hours of reading. And these are prep students, so much of their grammar/spelling skills are on par with most 8th graders...anyway, yesterday I read an essay that had the funniest line and every time I think of it, I chuckle to myself. It said: "The only thing I like better than my sports, are my women." Does that not slay you?

Anyway, have a happy Friday everyone, and good luck to those running the 8 tomorrow. I'm looking forward to your race reports!

21 comments:

Wes said...

"The only thing I like better than my sports, are my women."

Me 2... Me 2 :-)

MNFirefly said...

ROFL! I love that except from that essay. Too cute!

Nancy said...

Happy 8!!

Lori said...

ROFLMAO!!!! Seriously, that may have just made my ENTIRE day!

Tri+Umph said...

Oh oh, we can both strangle a student. I have one that is highlighted on my 'list' right now. It will be great times had by all.

And by all, I mean just me and you.

Laura N said...

Thanks for the laughs today. Have fun at your race tomorrow. I would kill for your temps right now!

Marcy said...

OMFG OMFG #2 is classic! ROFLMAO!

And when you're done with the student could you come over here and do my one year old? She just black perm markered her dresser,her toddler bed, our ottoman, the coffee table, the fridge, and the wall. This will be the last time I try to take a poo while on watch :P Freakin kids, freakin kids. Does this in any way deter from a future Stella? LOL

keith said...

He stole that line from me. Fail him.

Ah, the ol' college days...when the end of the semester meant a month off of all responsibility and the privelege - nay - the RIGHT to go indulge in chemical delights.

I have a good x-mas story which involves a bottle of Patron tequila, mountain dew cans and a .357 magnum. You should ask me about it sometime.

Laurel said...

I LOVE STELLA! Love it! The name and the beer!

J~Mom said...

It might have been random but it was a great post. I totally laughed at #2!!

Anonymous said...

I will be running 8 tomorrow but at training pace!

ps. i edited my post (about the nasty posts) and therefore edited out your comment. No offense. I had to because I didnt want a certain someone to ask a bunch of questions. long story.

anyway, good luck tomorrow!

and funny thing...my alter ego is Stella. You might rethink that name. i'm just sayin'... ;o)

ws said...

If you "go postal" while at school do they still classify that as "going postal."

I've got a bum leg and bum toe. I'll be racing patiently tomorrow...uh. huh.

Enjoy your evening - hopefully we'll have a cool 60 degree morning for our race. Any colder and it would be too cold.

Viv said...

I can't believe someone put that in a paper. That is great! Too funny...
Good luck with the 8 on the 8th!

David said...

The only thing I like more than my bicycles is my women, so I can see where he's coming from. LOL

I'm a bit surprised kids still smoke a bit o' weed now days. Or maybe there are still the granola kids out there that are responsible for the only remaining Doors album purchases.

Have a great weekend, and a great 8!

Scott McMurtrey said...

tecknowledgey. from a student's essay that still makes me giggle like this: hee hee hee.

good luck on the big race tomorrow. i'll see you on the cyberroad.

Stuart said...

Never had the ick, but have had the "dreaded lurghy".

It's a good job your favorite tipple isn't "Fat Bastard" would make for a great scene at the shopping mall or preschool!

Anonymous said...

A big fat joint eh? LOL

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your race report

Mary Gee said...

I guarantee your Stella will never be one of "his women". ick.

Rich said...

Slay me now!

Mendy said...

Love it!!!

Stella - Yum. Great beer!! Stella. Every time I hear "stella", I think of Jerry Seinfeld , when Elaine is drunk saying "Stelllaaaa". Anyway! LMAO at this post. I really should have read blogs friday, might have made my weekend better.

Re: your comment about pace/running together. Totally agree. I really sucked at the 8, but am really close to your pace and notice it when you do post it. I did tell David a while back, that maybe soon we can come down to Fla, and do a race with ya!