TAT CN Header

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To Do List

What I have on the schedule for the remaining portion of the week:
  • Finish papers and calculate term grades. I'm nearly there, and one more day of grading will probably enable me to finish up. I'm afraid my eyes will bleed or my brain will melt before that happens, but I must press forth and hope for the best.
  • Department holiday party. This should be interesting. It's a "holiday luncheon" -- that we each had to chip in and pay for (you think publicly funded institutions foot the bill for these swank events?) -- at, get this, a buffet. I hate buffets, but I have to be a team player and go. This is the only time of year that I wish I worked for a corrupt, money-hungry corporation that put on a booze-fueled holiday party where someone got up on stage with the band and belted out "Rock Lobster." I think that would rule.
  • Host our friends tomorrow night for our annual Christmas party/Secret Santa exchange. Despite the fact that I have heard grumblings about the day and time, I'm sure that once everyone has the appropriate amount of beer in them, we'll all get along fine and have a jolly time.
  • Attend commencement on Friday.
  • Get some runs in. I started the week of solidly: a run on Monday and a walk in on Tuesday (granted, my husband and I walked to the grocery store to get Dove ice cream bars, but I still count it as exercise), now I just need to keep it up. I'd like about 2 more short runs and then something a little lengthier this weekend to round the week off.

And then I'm free! Body and soul free! Well, with the exception of the running -- I always have that to tend to.

12 comments:

Wes said...

You take this teaching stuff way to seriously! I thought you said this was a publicly funded institution ;-)

J~Mom said...

Well DH works for a money-hungry corporation and they have a potluck. I would enjoy a holiday party as well. Maybe even a Benihana office party.

Laura N said...

Wow, that's quite a list. Good luck getting through it all. I hate buffets too, they are just yucky. The party at your house sounds fun! I love Secret Santa stuff. Hope you get in the runs you want to do, too.

Marcy said...

Dang you're a busy lady! Don't worry it will all be over soon enough!

Stuart said...

Don't forget the buffet secret; go round it backwards, all the good stuff, smoked salmon, thai satay, dim sum etc can be found at the end...well I guess that's not a secret any more!

Junie B said...

My list always starts with:

Go read Jess' blog.

:)

Viv said...

The secret santa party sounds like fun. It will make the weekend start early.

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with the To-Do list! :)

Anonymous said...

I love to-do lists! And that gift exchange party sounds fun! I haven't done that in ages. I'm still a little kid at heart -I put together candy filled bags and cards for everyone I know (or like rather, lol).

Mendy said...

Sounds really busy. I hate buffets too, but tend to go when it's a team thing. Although, my team of 6 likes bowling, pool, and beer. Just my type of team to be on!

Laurel said...

GAWD, no wonder you have a headache! Hope it clears up soon.

ws said...

As much as I hate eating, especially in public, I find buffets fascinating since they are a great place to people watch. Seems like the party turned out fine for you. Hope you are feeling OK this morning.