- Finish papers and calculate term grades. I'm nearly there, and one more day of grading will probably enable me to finish up. I'm afraid my eyes will bleed or my brain will melt before that happens, but I must press forth and hope for the best.
- Department holiday party. This should be interesting. It's a "holiday luncheon" -- that we each had to chip in and pay for (you think publicly funded institutions foot the bill for these swank events?) -- at, get this, a buffet. I hate buffets, but I have to be a team player and go. This is the only time of year that I wish I worked for a corrupt, money-hungry corporation that put on a booze-fueled holiday party where someone got up on stage with the band and belted out "Rock Lobster." I think that would rule.
- Host our friends tomorrow night for our annual Christmas party/Secret Santa exchange. Despite the fact that I have heard grumblings about the day and time, I'm sure that once everyone has the appropriate amount of beer in them, we'll all get along fine and have a jolly time.
- Attend commencement on Friday.
- Get some runs in. I started the week of solidly: a run on Monday and a walk in on Tuesday (granted, my husband and I walked to the grocery store to get Dove ice cream bars, but I still count it as exercise), now I just need to keep it up. I'd like about 2 more short runs and then something a little lengthier this weekend to round the week off.
And then I'm free! Body and soul free! Well, with the exception of the running -- I always have that to tend to.