TAT CN Header

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Shoes

New running shoes help not just with the renewed physical comfort, but they also help with a much needed mental boost. I know that they gave me the necessary "oomph" to have a new attitude about my running for today's 4 miler (38:08). And the fresh cushioning couldn't hurt.

On a non-running related topic, Halloween is just around the corner and I need a costume idea. For our bowling team, we've pretty much settled on an idea for the four of us (but I don't want to reveal it here -- I'm not sure if it's a secret, but I don't want to be the one to spill the beans before the others are ready to unveil our idea), but I need something just for me for our Halloween party.

At first, I wanted to go as Wicket. The Ewok from "Return of the Jedi." But guess what? That's a hard costume to find. In fact, I've essentially scoured the Internet and no luck. Jerry felt that he could construct it from scratch, but he said he'd need to buy a sewing machine in order to do that. I nixed that idea. I don't want to shell out the $$$ for a sewing machine that Jerry uses once a year to construct our Halloween costumes.

So with the idea of Wicket out the window, what should I be?

16 comments:

Ryan said...

Go the opposite way.

GAAAAAWDDDDZIIIIILLLLLLIAAAAAA!!!

MN Mom said...

A Leprechaun...they gaurd the pot of gold remember!
You could be Dorothy...Scooter could be Toto.
You could go as a pumpkin. (But it's hard to sit down.)

Anonymous said...

Ewoks! I use to have an Ewok lunchbox. How cute of Jerry to offer to construct one. What a guy.

Looks like a new pair of kicks is all you needed.

Erin said...

I can't figure out what to make Miller much less myself. If you find any good costumes for him, let me know. I am all about "purchasing" whereas Ryan is all about crafting.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE new running shoes.
I don't really like Halloween, but if I go to a party I'm totally going as Sarah Palin!

Anonymous said...

well I got new shoes today too...and pulled my calf muscle (I think)...anyways Halloween costume idea...I think you guys should go as Barnie and Betty from the Flintstones- you totally look like Betty!

Anonymous said...

Yay for new shoes and a good run!

No idea on the costume. I suck at coming up with them.

holly said...

YAY for new shoes!

Are you going as a famous couple or anything? My husband and I went as Wayne and Garth last year, and that was a big hit. This year I think we are going to dress as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife...my poor boobs are going to take a beating in that costume.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

New shoes are always an uplifter for the day....I got a new pair and I've either lost them or have worn them something fierce with less than a 100 miles on them, I can't figure it out.

I like the idea of Dorothy and Toto

TNTcoach Ken said...

Halloween! It's still September. I'm not letting go of summer that easy.......

Unknown said...

Oh that reminds me that I need to get a new pair of running shoes soon.

Boy -- Halloween is my favorite time of the year. I guess I will have to make a pass on what you and your hubby should be for this year cuz my mind is quite dirty and repulsive. Get the drift?

Marcy said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute . . . . Jerry sews?!?! Damn you!! You don't even know how lucky you are ;-)

Wes said...

I will ponder the costume question. How much time do I have :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, but once you have a sewing machine, you can use it for all sorts of stuff. I'm casting my vote for Wicket. Buy the machine and put Jerry to work on the costume!

Aron said...

woooo for the shoes!!!! i am so bad at coming up with my own costumes LOL... good luck!!! let us know when you figure it out :)

sRod said...

I'm with Marcy: Jerry sews?