TAT CN Header

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Shoes

New running shoes help not just with the renewed physical comfort, but they also help with a much needed mental boost. I know that they gave me the necessary "oomph" to have a new attitude about my running for today's 4 miler (38:08). And the fresh cushioning couldn't hurt.

On a non-running related topic, Halloween is just around the corner and I need a costume idea. For our bowling team, we've pretty much settled on an idea for the four of us (but I don't want to reveal it here -- I'm not sure if it's a secret, but I don't want to be the one to spill the beans before the others are ready to unveil our idea), but I need something just for me for our Halloween party.

At first, I wanted to go as Wicket. The Ewok from "Return of the Jedi." But guess what? That's a hard costume to find. In fact, I've essentially scoured the Internet and no luck. Jerry felt that he could construct it from scratch, but he said he'd need to buy a sewing machine in order to do that. I nixed that idea. I don't want to shell out the $$$ for a sewing machine that Jerry uses once a year to construct our Halloween costumes.

So with the idea of Wicket out the window, what should I be?

16 comments:

Ryan said...

Go the opposite way.

GAAAAAWDDDDZIIIIILLLLLLIAAAAAA!!!

MN Mom said...

A Leprechaun...they gaurd the pot of gold remember!
You could be Dorothy...Scooter could be Toto.
You could go as a pumpkin. (But it's hard to sit down.)

D10 said...

Ewoks! I use to have an Ewok lunchbox. How cute of Jerry to offer to construct one. What a guy.

Looks like a new pair of kicks is all you needed.

Erin said...

I can't figure out what to make Miller much less myself. If you find any good costumes for him, let me know. I am all about "purchasing" whereas Ryan is all about crafting.

Nicole said...

I LOVE new running shoes.
I don't really like Halloween, but if I go to a party I'm totally going as Sarah Palin!

Mrs. K said...

well I got new shoes today too...and pulled my calf muscle (I think)...anyways Halloween costume idea...I think you guys should go as Barnie and Betty from the Flintstones- you totally look like Betty!

MCM Mama said...

Yay for new shoes and a good run!

No idea on the costume. I suck at coming up with them.

Holly said...

YAY for new shoes!

Are you going as a famous couple or anything? My husband and I went as Wayne and Garth last year, and that was a big hit. This year I think we are going to dress as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife...my poor boobs are going to take a beating in that costume.

Randy - Maniac #788 said...

New shoes are always an uplifter for the day....I got a new pair and I've either lost them or have worn them something fierce with less than a 100 miles on them, I can't figure it out.

I like the idea of Dorothy and Toto

TNTcoach Ken said...

Halloween! It's still September. I'm not letting go of summer that easy.......

Ted said...

Oh that reminds me that I need to get a new pair of running shoes soon.

Boy -- Halloween is my favorite time of the year. I guess I will have to make a pass on what you and your hubby should be for this year cuz my mind is quite dirty and repulsive. Get the drift?

Marcy said...

Wait a minute, wait a minute . . . . Jerry sews?!?! Damn you!! You don't even know how lucky you are ;-)

Wes said...

I will ponder the costume question. How much time do I have :-)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Oh, but once you have a sewing machine, you can use it for all sorts of stuff. I'm casting my vote for Wicket. Buy the machine and put Jerry to work on the costume!

*aron* said...

woooo for the shoes!!!! i am so bad at coming up with my own costumes LOL... good luck!!! let us know when you figure it out :)

sRod said...

I'm with Marcy: Jerry sews?