TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

After work today, the thunder clouds gathered, the lightning flashed, the thunder boomed, and it rained. Not a good evening for a run. Instead, I settled in with my sweats and with a few brews. (Has anyone tried this MGD 64? I wouldn't highly recommend it; it tastes like water, and I'm not entirely sure if it even had any alcoholic content, but that didn't keep me from drinking a few of them -- with their low calorie content and uncertain alcoholic percentage, I figure I can have twice as many!) Then, Jerry and I rocked out on Rock Band; here's Jerry on the drums:
Here I am on the mic:
Well, drinking while holding the mic. Hey, a rockstar needs her brewskis, okay? We played a LOT of Rock Band and we did a decent job, earning some beer money for our two bands: One is called "Scooter Dawg" and the other is "The Copper Tops" -- both names in honor of our number one fan. Below, I take my turn on the drums (they are fucking hard!).
Below, our number one fan looks less like the kind of enthusiastic fan we were hoping to draw as Rock Gods, and more like a copper-colored dog who wants us to play with him instead of playing video games.
Is it me, or does his stuffed frog even look bored?

29 comments:

E said...

Scooter is just the cutest!

keith said...

There ought to be a law limiting cuteness and coziness factor in one blog post.

Laurel said...

LOL, that dog kills me.

I tried the drums once too, they ARE hard!

Anonymous said...

my daughter and I should come join you! we have two guitars for guitar hero and the aerosmith one- i hate to say that WE ROCK! :) and my husband hates it- he is like scooter.

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a nice evening at home! Too fun.

Marcy said...

Awwwhhh that's one cute groupie!

Erin said...

I want to practice but I have been too busy polishing my resume to earn a better living for my wanna-be-rock-star husband and sniffly child. That rockband must be a good workout because Ryan has tried to go to bed early every night since he started playing again.

Anonymous said...

Scooter looks like he heard enough! Way to make the most out of a rainy night. The picture of Jerry playing the drums is great.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, MGD 64! That sounds like Michelob Ultra. Don't they know that we athletes want BEER?

Unknown said...

Poor dog just doesn't appreciate the things you do in his name.

p.s.we got rock band in July and it's a lot of fun!! i like drums best, but they *are* difficult. then my son does drums on hard and makes it look easy. teenagers...

:) said...

Poor Scooter...scratch him behind the ears for me! ;)

Ryan said...

Nice. I am glad you two are putting the effort in to take 'The Squirrel Kuvers' to the next level. Pretty soon we will all be getting together to snort coke off of each others body parts while we mainline Jack.

Marlene said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spent Thursday evening!

L*I*S*A said...

Scooter looks so enthused. :)

Unknown said...

You and your hubby should try out for the American Idol show.

Theoutofshapeguy said...

I love how that in almost every photo of you, you are almost holding a adult beverage!

Steve Stenzel said...

I laughed out loud to the photo of you "on the mic." Of course you're not on the mic! Of course you're drinking! HA!

Teacher Pursuits said...

HAHA! Poor pup. Our dog chases her tail and throws her toys up in the air (with her mouth of course) when we play Wii or RockBand... she is clearly trying to get our attention AWAY from video games. But - seriously, I am OBSESSED with RockBand... I am a drummer!

Razz said...

That's funny. I read this this morning and as I'm heading into school today, some kid is getting out of their parent's car and Skynrd's "Freebird" is just blaring. I thought of you.

Wes said...

Scooter is sayin, "Don't mess with me frog!" :-)

Aron said...

i love scooter!!!

sunshine said...

hahahahah!!!! Your dog is so funny -- You have your own little groupie!

Carly said...

LOL!!! Your doggie is adorable even when he looks bored.

I can't imagine how hard the drums are. I am still stuck on the easy level of guitar hero.

P.O.M. said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm booze.

J said...

Love the dog with Frog picture and yes i think the frog looks bored!

Marci said...

That looks like fun!! Especially the beer-drinking part! :)

chia said...

Fun fun! Beer and rockstar status works for me ;-)

sRod said...

That is the saddest picture of Scotter ever!

Paul said...

I have tried the MGD64. And for light beer it's not half bad. All things considered, their 100 calorie beers taste a lot better. All good if you want a beer and to to stay at "race weight" hahah.

fun times!