TAT CN Header

Friday, September 12, 2008

I Found My Mojo

And it was in the last place I would have thought to look: The gym.

Yup. After class today, I donned my running clothes and hit the campus gym for some one-on-one with the treadmill, and I pounded out 3 miles in 27:11. Granted, that's on a treadmill, in a temperature controlled environment, but it still made me feel pretty good, so I decided that I will do the planned 5K tomorrow morning.

It's a shame I decided this after 1 pm this afternoon since that's when online registration closed, but I can still register at the race tomorrow morning. Again, I'm not sure I will PR (although the 27:11 on the treadmill today puts me on track to at least tie my 5K PR of 27:49), but it should still be a decent race.

Or, if it sucks, I'll just blame you bloggers for forcing me to go.

14 comments:

Wes said...

Did Sarah have your mojo too? LOL... Have fun tomorrow!!

Marlene said...

Have fun at the fling!

My turn to get moving again...

chia said...

Hey, good luck tomorrow! Hope the weather/temps cooperate!

lifestudent said...

Good for you! It always shows up in the strangest places :)

I have to work on finding my feet (which I havent seen in 2 months). I figured as soon as I can see my feet again, the mojo has to be somewhere close.

J~Mom said...

HA!! You can't blame me, I voted no. LOL

Good luck!

teacherwoman said...

Wow! Good luck tomorrow!

runner26 said...

good luck in the 5K!

Unknown said...

Don't sweat a thing. You will rock tomorrow at the 5K race. Good Luck !!!

E said...

Good luck!

Laurel said...

You'll do great tomorrow! Good luck!

SavvyFitChica said...

I think you'll have fun! Good for you! You're going to kick some PR-butt.

Running Jen said...

Good luck tomorrow, hope the weather isn't too hot!

You're doing the Disney 10K next month? I'm doing it too! I did it 2 years ago and enjoyed it.

MNFirefly said...

Good luck! You will do great!

sRod said...

Yea for finding Mojo!!!