TAT CN Header

Monday, September 22, 2008

MoGo for my Mojo

Yesterday, feeling crappy about my crappy weekend running, I went to the running store in search of that one thing that lifts every runner's spirits: shoes. My old shoes were approaching 300 miles, and I like to trade them in around that mileage, especially since I've been experiencing some shin discomfort, and for me, that's a tell-tale sign that the shoes are wearing out.

So, I went with the same shoe I've been wearing for nearly 3 years now: The Brooks Adreneline GTS, which is now in series 8. I almost ordered them online from Zappos, just because they had them available in yellow there, and I think yellow would make me look fast, but ultimately I feel loyal to my local running store, and I prefer to shell out my cash to local establishments when I can, and they just had the same boring ol' blue and silver. Oh well, just looking at their gleaming new tread and threads renews my desire to run.

However, today I'm taking a rest day -- besides, we have bowling tonight -- but I plan to put those new kicks to use on tomorrow's run, and hopefully they'll be the cure I need.

25 comments:

Razz said...

I'm with ya on supporting the local running store. I bought 2 pair online and it was the worst. Shoes didn't feel right. I'd much rather try them on before I buy.

Marcy said...

Ahhhhhh new kicks always do a girl some good ;D Hopefully it will be just what you need ;-)

Anonymous said...

New kicks will always make you feel better. I got my Adrenelines a few weeks ago and love them.

Hope you have lots of fun tonight at bowling!

Christie said...

You and me both. I think I'm in need of some new kicks too.

Unknown said...

Ah yeah. Gotta love new shoes. And I think a Rest day is a good idea. :-)

Wes said...

Bowl well, but save some energy for dem shoes!!

Marlene said...

Oooooh, enjoy the new shoes! I hope they do the trick.

teacherwoman said...

Oooh... new kicks!!!

A rest day just might be the trick... especially if you have bowling! :)

Unknown said...

You gotta love the GTS. My favorite shoe.

Kevin said...

Have a great time bowling

Jenn said...

I just had to say goodbye to my new pair of Brooks Addictions. I love my Brooks! I would have liked to get more mileage out of them before I had to retire them but after my weekend chase there was no way I was going to be able to use them anymore. Ugh! Guess my first paycheck will be going towards new shoes. That was my only pair!

Jenn

nwgdc said...

Ahh the new shoes. But your EIGHTH edition? What about some variety?

E said...

Love getting new shoes. Hope you enjoyed your rest day, and bowling!

Laurel said...

New shoes are great.

YAY bowling!

TNTcoach Ken said...

I hear ya, shoes are always the tonic I need. I just switched to the same shoe and haven't had any problems. 300 miles isn't a lot, but you know your body best.

Anonymous said...

My fastest marathon was with Yellow Shoes. AND...since you should really have two pair of shoes to rotate, my advice is to tell hubby that "Jamoosh said..." and order a pair from Zappos.

Stuart said...

Jusy catching up, sorry to hear about your crappy weekend runs, but yes new shoes will always put a spring in you step!

ws said...

my feet are jealous of your new sneakers. hopefully they do the trick.

Aron said...

ohhhhh nothing like a new pair of shoes to make the running better! i am anxiously awaiting getting a new pair too!!!

Teacher Pursuits said...

Where is the drunken bowling post?! I feel deprived.

Steve Stenzel said...

I dunno. Yellow would have been really sweet.

P.O.M. said...

Yep shopping cures jsut about everything. I'm confident you'll be back tomorrow feeling footloose and fancy free.

I love my local running store too. It feels like Cheers (the bar) to me.

TonyP said...

GTS - great shoe. They are my non-trail shoe of choice currently.

J~Mom said...

YAY for new kicks!!!

sRod said...

I just bought a new pair of Adrenalines too! My local shop did happen to have them in yellow. And you're right, the yellow does make you faster.