TAT CN Header

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Two Things Tuesdays

One: Ran 3 miles with Norah this morning. She was a bit of a fuss-bucket, but on the whole, she was quiet. I wish I could magically make her fall asleep each time, but it seems to be a game of chance: Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she doesn't. Short of drugging her beforehand, I guess I just have to continue to gamble with each run.

Two: Tonight, I play raquetball. I've been playing every other week now since early February, yet I have not managed to win a single game. No, I didn't say a "match"; I said a "game" (3 games in a match). So, I haven't magaed to win a single GAME in two months of playing. I gotta step it up a few notches! Perhaps, I should make sure I put on the "ass kickin" shoes instead of the "just got my ass kicked" shoes. Silly me, I must've been putting on the wrong shoes for the past 8 weeks.

21 comments:

Marlene said...

Kick some ass tonight!

Anonymous said...

Obviously you aren't cheating enough - step it up!

Aron said...

have fun tonight!! i am TERRIBLE at raquetball, but i do get a good ab workout in from laughing so hard :)

X-Country2 said...

Go get em' tonigh!

Katie A. said...

Like Jamoosh said, you have to work on perfecting your cheating, not your ass kicking ;)

Unknown said...

It's TOTALLY the shoes! Good luck!

MN Mom said...

Were could I get me some of those Ass kicking shoes?

Charity said...

I have a question...I had my baby almost three months ago and can't seem to get into a schedule with running. My ONLY time to do it is in the morning, but trying to figure out feeding's(nursing) is my issue. How did you go about getting back into your routine with nursing? It's driving me crazy not being able to run like I did before!!

Monica said...

Maybe you need to do what you use to do with your bowling night. Remember the funny posts after your games??? Drunk Racquetball posts could be just as good!

Monica said...

Maybe you need to do what you use to do with your bowling night. Remember the funny posts after your games??? Drunk Racquetball posts could be just as good!

Anonymous said...

Put on those ass kicking shoes.

Unknown said...

I was never any good at raquetball...turns out I don't have depth perception, maybe that is why I have trouble hitting a ball coming at me fast.

go kick some!

N.D. said...

You are staying so active - I love it.

Lauren @ Gourmet Veggie Mama said...

Finally coming out of lurker-dom to wish you good luck with racquetball! I played pretty often in college, and usually got my ass handed to me, so I can sympathize. I'm not the world's most coordinated person, which is one reason running is my sport of choice. ;)

James said...

Good luck. I hope you kicked some major ass tonight!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tonight! I admire people who can even play a full racquetball game. I am just not fast/coordinated enough. :)

Heather said...

When you find those ass kicking shoes, can you send me a pair?

MNFirefly said...

I hope you had fun tonight. Nice job!

Wes said...

Racquetball is fun stuff! You'll get your due! Keep workin it!

Jess said...

I played raquetball once with friends in college, but no one was too clear on the rules so we didn't really keep score. Hope you kick some butt though!

prashant said...

Obviously you aren't cheating enough - step it up!
data entry india