TAT CN Header

Friday, April 23, 2010

FunDay Friday

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday! I received a lot of comments here on the blog and on Facebook; plus, calls and emails from family and friends -- all of it made me feel super loved! It was a good b-day, and I got some good loot, and best of all, I saw Norah pull herself up to standing for the first time!

Speaking of the munchkin... Today, she had her 8 month doctor check up, and here are her stats:

Height: 27 1/2 inches (60th %)
Weight: 18 lbs 1 oz (50th%)

She grew quite a bit in her past two months -- must be because we keep feeding her :) Anyhoo, everything else checked up great; she's in perfect health and is meeting all her developmental milestones right on target. And best of all, the two things the doctor was skeptical about clearing up on their own (her goopy eye and dry skin), cleared up -- magically -- in the past two months. So, all in all, a good check up for the little ankle-biter.
So, for the rest of today, Jerry and I have a rare opportunity: Jerry is off work today and I don't work on Fridays, so we're gonna take Norah to daycare at 11:30 and then we're gonna go out to lunch and...to a movie...in a theater! Woot! It's an afternoon date! And we're both stoked. I don't even remember what it's like being in a movie theater; will I be able to sit still for an entire 2 hours? Might be weird. But good weird, right? Hope so.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

She's soooo cute I can barely stand it!

Lily on the Road said...

OMG I just want to give her a great big hug, she IS just too cute!!!

Have a fun "date"!!!

Teacher Pursuits said...

Happy belated to a fellow April baby! Despite my own dark blogging, I've been following along regularly, watching Norah grow and feeling like I am reading about my own munchkin. (Though, Lilly has no desire to move - she's content to sit in one spot for hours!) Anyway, she is SO cute!

Wes said...

have fun on your date!!

JojaJogger said...

I didn't think it was possible, but Norah gets cuter every day! Have fun on your date, you guys deserve it!

d.a.r. said...

happy birthday, enjoy your date! :)

Unknown said...

That pic is freaking adorable! Happy late birthday.

Kitzzy said...

She is such a cutie!

Heather said...

Such cute pictures! Enjoy your afternoon with Jerry.

Sarah said...

What a cutie! Hope that you have a great date!

Marie said...

have a great date day! norah is just adorable in those photos!

Krissy said...

She is too stinking cute in that picture! hahaa...I love it - "Little ankle biter"!!

Jess said...

Man she just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Hope you and Jerry enjoy your date!

Marlene said...

Your munchkin is so cute! Awesome that she pulled herself up to standing JUST for you on your B-day!

Hope you enjoyed the lunch/movie date!

Anonymous said...

she is just scrumptious! love her!
enjoy your date- so what are you going to go see?

Anonymous said...

ps wanted to ask you a question! :)
would you be interested in doing relay triathlons?

J and I would swim
I'm trying to find someone to bike it
and you can run it! (if you want)

let me know! there are a couple coming up in miami and i've started training so that i can keep up with my rugrat

ajh said...

Cute pics! Hope you had a good time at the movies! An afternoon date!

Carly said...

She is absolutely adorable. Looks like she is going to be a little blondie!

MNFirefly said...

Enjoy!

SavvyFitChica said...

I hope you stayed awake during the movie! Wouldn't that be funny? You finally get to see a movie after forever and you fall asleep.

Anyway, cute pics of your little ankle-biter :)

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great way to finish off your week!