TAT CN Header

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Putting the "Work" in Workout

This morning's 3 miler with Norah felt like a toughie. Nothing in particular was bothersome; it just felt hard. Could be several reasons for this:
  1. Today was the 5th day in a row that I've run. Altogether, the miles don't add up to much, but without a break, the leggies get tired.
  2. It was windy and few things are harder than pushing a jogging stroller into the wind.
  3. Norah decided this morning that 5:30 am was a perfectly normal time for a baby to get up, so by the time we went for a run at 8 am, my coffee had already worn off.
  4. My allergies have been bothersome for the last week, and while anithistamines help control the snot faucet that is my nose this time of year, they also make me a bit groggy and lethargic (even when they say "non-drowsy").

Could be just one of those, or a combo of all four, either way, it wasn't easy but I still got it done, and now I get to enjoy a rest day tomorrow!

15 comments:

Wes said...

Good work, snot faucet :-) I like the Endurance Nation motto, "Work works!"

Andy said...

Ha ha ha, Wes I thought the exact same thing when I read it.... snot faucet ;) Any snot rockets come with that?

Yeah this pollen season has been really bad this year and it has knocked some of my friends back this year. On a different note, I am just getting over bacterial sinusitus so I am getting back on my feet after taking anti-biotics after a few days. Funny how kids like to change it up on you every once in awhile :)

Hope everything else is going well!

Marlene said...

Looks like ample reasons to make for a slog of run. Good job gettin' it done and enjoy the rest day tomorrow.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, I love how we are so anal about our schedules and plans. I am the same way the day before a real 'rest' day but I go out anyway. Pushing a stroller into the wind makes U strong like bull! LOL.........

ajh said...

Wind can be awful for certain!!!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I agree. There IS nothing harder than pushing a jogger into the wind!...and it seems to always be a headwind!

teacherwoman said...

Way to get er done!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I hear you on the snot faucet thing!

Jen said...

I need to find your motivation!!! Please share!

Unknown said...

I don't usually run 2 days in a row, much less 5. I can imagine that would make for a tough run

Anonymous said...

5 days in a row- wow! My allergies have also been kicking me in the backside the last couple of weeks- ick! Enjoy your rest day(s)!

Aka Alice said...

Wow...running five days in a row? I'd have every imaginable kind of injury! Tired legs would be the least of it.

Krissy said...

I have been there before with the wind working against me and the bob stroller. It is especially rough for me because where I live it is nothing but hills so you add a little wind in the wrong direction and you feel like your not moving some days! But it is a workout and a good challenge.

N.D. said...

just one of those days! :)

RunningLaur said...

Hope you're enjoying your rest day!
You must have adopted all of my running days for the week - I knew they had to have gone somewhere since I wasn't doing them. :)