TAT CN Header

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Easter Eight Miler

Well, technically, today is not Easter, but it's Easter weekend, and I like using alliterative titles, so there ya go.

This morning, as the title suggests, I wanted to do my "long run" of 8 miles. So, at 7:30 am, Norah was acting a bit sleepy (when you get up at 6 am, 7:30 feels like the morning is getting on, I guess), but Jerry and Scooter weren't even out of bed yet and I was itchin' to get my miles in. So, I figured I'd toss Norah in the stroller for a few miles, come back and leave her in Jerry's care and then go finish my run up.

So, I strapped her into the stroller and we went for a 3 mile loop. Despite her apparent sleepiness during breakfast, she didn't succumb to the land of nod for the run; however, she was quiet the entire time, and that's really all I ask for.

We got back to the house a little before 8, and Jerry and Scooter were up by then (sleepy heads!), so I literally handed the stroller with Norah in it off to Jerry and then turned around and headed back out for my remaining 5 miles. Interestingly, those 5 miles were slower than my initial 3 pushing the stroller, and, in general, the run was a touch slower than I would've liked, but I still finished it in 1:19:10, which is a 9:54/mile pace and as long as I keep the pace at sub-10 min/mile, I'm usually pretty pleased.

Now, since it is Easter weekend, I'll leave you with an Easter pic of Norah and wish all of you a happy holiday! Toodles!

18 comments:

N.D. said...

soo adorable! great job on the 8 miler. Sometimes I feel like I can fly w/ the stroller. It was a nice pace. Love the picture, and happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Great job on sneaking in your 8 for today! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Nice run! Glad Norah enjoyed her ride.

Great photo. Happy Easter!

Ginny M said...

Happy Easter! After your 8 miles, you can eat candy... :)

Unknown said...

Good job with the run. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! You beat my 8 mile time today... and I didn't have to push a stroller for any of it!

Monica said...

Happy Easter...

Your "little bunny" is adorable as usual.

JojaJogger said...

Great job on the eight miles. I'm guessing the temperature warmed up a bit for the last 5 miles, what happened to the nice spring temperatures? Norah, as always, is adorable!

Pat said...

Your baby is absolutely adorable! I just started doing the C25K program, so I can't imagine running eight miles at all, let alone pushing a stroller while doing it. Happy Easter!

James said...

great job on the 8 miler. Norah's Easter pic is cute!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Now I have to Google words from blog post??? Ha, now I have to use alliteration in one of my post. Adorable pic......

MNFirefly said...

Very cute pic!

Krissy said...

I love her Easter picture! So cute!

Erin said...

Norah's Easter pictures are adorable. Thanks for posting this one and sending the others. So darn cute!

Marlene said...

Nice eight miler! You earned yourself some Easter eggs for sure!

runner26 said...

she is adorable!! and growing so fast! happy easter and great job on the eight!!

X-Country2 said...

Awesome job on the 8 miles.

Adorable photo too. :o)

prashant said...

Great job on sneaking in your 8 for today! Happy Easter to you and your family!
data entry india