TAT CN Header

Monday, April 05, 2010

"Running" Errands

This morning, I had two things I wanted to accomplish: One, go to the store to return a movie and pick up a few grocery items; and two, go for my planned 3 miler. So, I decided to kill two birds with one stone by combining the two tasks.

There's a Publix on my standard 3 mile route, so I strapped Norah into the running stroller and brought my wallet and the movie along (this is where the stroller actually comes in handy -- mesh pockets and the under-carriage basket worked out perfectly for this task). It's about a mile to the store, so we ran there -- ran right up to the door -- dropped off our movie and picked up a few necessities, checked out, and then we were on our way again so as soon as we walked out the electric doors, we were running again!

Ran the remaining 2 miles of the loop and we were back home: Run done, check! Errands done, check!

And even though Norah didn't snooze during the running, she did crash for a 40 minute nap once we got home -- double check!

24 comments:

B. Kramer said...

I would like to do more of this kind of running. I would need a light backpack or something though to carry things. Good job being fit, productive, efficient and green (if you're into that). Cheers!

RunToTheFinish said...

I like running errands, even thought I get those looks from people like ummm you are sweaty what are you doing :)

Marlene said...

Love to "run" errands! Bonus on Norah's nap when you got home. Must be tiring stuff.

James said...

Multitasking! Way to go!

Scarlett said...

Oh how I love "running" errands! I always feel super productive when I do this kind of "combo special." I don't even mind the stares anymore! Although I do feel bad when I'm really sweaty and people kind of back away.

JojaJogger said...

Excellent job multi-tasking!

Heather said...

Nice multitasking!

Anonymous said...

I'm really amazed that you can run, push, and obviously talk to the baby all at the same time- i tried one of those strollers when J was a baby- and first time out I just about killed my kid- couldn't do all those things at once...way to go!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I do that while my daughter is in gymnastics. Her gym had trails behind it that link up with a retail court. Littlest and I run the trails and then hit the gorcery store and then run back. I love using that time well!

Extra bonus that Norah napped after for you to put everything away!

ajh said...

I love running errands while running and as I live in the country I rarely can but managed to do one last weekend!

Krissy said...

talk about multi tasking... that was it to the max! nice work!

N.D. said...

love the multitasking!

Katie A. said...

Nice way to start a spring vacay! Enjoy your time off!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome!

Gracie @ Girl Meets Health said...

Hey girl! I just came across your blog for the first time, and I wanted to say how incredibly INSPIRING you are! =)

teacherwoman said...

Love it! Sounds like Norah's 40 minute nap after the errands and running was an added bonus!

fancy nancy said...

That is multi-tasking at its best!!!

MCM Mama said...

LOVE being able to combine exercise and errands. I'm going to be so sad when Shoo no longer needs a stroller!

And gotta love the post race nap that gives you some extra time!

Anonymous said...

Nice multi-tasking! I wonder if I can get my 8 year old into a stroller? (just kidding)

Sarah said...

That is awesome! I wish there was a grocery store within running distance around here. Way to multi-task!

Jess said...

Awesome job multitasking like that. I'd love to run the store and back but I'd have no where to stash the groceries.

Wes said...

sounds like something I would totally do :-)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Now that's efficiency!

prashant said...

those looks from people like ummm you are sweaty what are you doing :)
data entry india