TAT CN Header

Saturday, April 10, 2010

8 Months and Race Goals

Today, Norah is 8 months old, and while the past month has been full of fun developments, the most significant milestone has been her attempts at crawling, most recently, she's learned to get her knees up under her and get her tummy off the floor. She's most motivated to go after cans and water bottles like we've bribed her in the following video:

It's exciting to watch her learn this new skill, but it also means that soon she's gonna be a hand full! Still, though, so fun!

Anyhoo...aside from Norah cakes, tomorrow is the Turtle Trot 10K so I thought I'd outline a few preliminary goals for myself:

Pie in the Sky Goal: Beat the 60 minute time frame. McMillan tells me that I'm capable of finishing in 57:27 (based on my most recent HM finish time). I would be thrilled with such a finish.

Secondary Pie in the Sky Goal: Beat my previous 10K PR, which is 1:01:25.

Realistic Goal: Beat my time of 1:05:20 that I ran last Nov (3 months after Norah was born).

Base Goal: Have fun, save the turtles!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Based on your HM time I know you can do it!

Alison said...

Wow, she is good-natured about Jerry moving the can! My son would have started screaming at me. :)

So cute! Love that little crab crawl they do.

Ginny M said...

Good luck and have fun... run for those turtles :)

Lily on the Road said...

ahhhh, Norah is just so cute, I love her little bum wiggle and feet kick at the end when she finally reaches for the can. Too cute!!

Have a great fun race today and yes, you can PR!!

James said...

I see the makings of a good runner already! Best of luck on the race.

Marci said...

Oh that video was too cute, thanks for sharing, it made me giggle when scooter had to get in on the action/attention.
You have the cutest little accent too!
Good luck at your 10K!

N.D. said...

sooo cute!! they have to be motivated by something - pretty soon she'll be flying around :) good luck today!

Erin said...

Take two...

Very good Norah! Your world is about to change once again. It's all fun though with this milestone.

Good luck on the race tomorrow.

Liz said...

That was awesome! Go Norah!!! My gilrs are 6 and I jsut told them to stop growing up! I loved every stage and Norah is at such a fun one! She was so excited to get that soda!

Good luck at the race! I have my half in 1 month and I am not ready...My goal is to finish before they shut down the finish line!

Sarah said...

I think you have some great goals...good luck!

RunningLaur said...

I didn't realize there was so much butt wiggling involved in learning to crawl - she's getting a good workout!

Good luck at the race, and save those turtles!

Unknown said...

Ah... the days... ;0)

Great goal and just have fun!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Run strong at your race...I'm betting on the pie in the sky goal! You can did it!

Bug-man did the low Army crawl instead of finding his knees...I think it's a boy thing. Girls seem to figure it out and boys seem to be okay with just sliding through, in this case literally.

Lindsay said...

precious. although mean of jerry! i'm glad it was soda and not beer ;)

hope the race went well!

Marlene said...

Aw, look at her go! I wonder when she'll start getting p-o'd at Jerry moving the can.

I like your goals for the 10K. Good luck!

Julie D said...

Cute video!!

MNFirefly said...

Good luck!! You can do it!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I like how Scooter was like, "I can reach the soda too."

Good luck tomorrow!

teacherwoman said...

Congrats to Norah and her milestones! What a cute video clip!

I am sure the 10K went great! I look forward to your race report!

prashant said...

she is good-natured about Jerry moving the can! My son would have started screaming at me.
data entry india

ajh said...

Good luck in your 10 K! You will rock!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the race. Go, Norah, go!

MCM Mama said...

Oh, your life is going to change soon. ;O) I love that age.

Hope the race went well.

Unknown said...

Have a great race, no matter what goal you end up breaking... :-)

Wes said...

Hope you had a great race! Yea, once Norah goes mobile, there's no turning back ;-)