TAT CN Header

Monday, April 26, 2010

Mojo Still Missing

For the 3rd Monday in a row, it rained this morning, so my morning run with Norah and the jogging stroller was a no-go. Thankfully, the rain abated this afternoon, and this evening, after dinner, I got out for a 4 miler. It was a little cooler this evening than yesterday morning, but it was still 81 degrees out there, so it was a sweaty 4 miler.

Still haven't found my mojo, but I'm trying to refrain from being a Negative Nancy about it. I know it will return eventually. For the time being, I am setting an extremely short-term goal of running 20 miles for this week. Perhaps I just need to achieve a small accomplishment to feel a little more motivated.

So, 4 down. 16 more to go.

16 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with the 20 this week! You are well on your way with kicking out 4 today... even without your mojo! Sounds like you need a cold one! :)

James said...

Did you get a replacement garmin yet? Maybe that has something to do with it. Good luck on the 20!

d.a.r. said...

Good luck finding your mojo, that is an awful feeling!

JojaJogger said...

The mojo is there, it's just hiding. You'll find it soon, I'm sure!

MCM Mama said...

I like your short term goal. Hope your mojo comes back soon.

Tasha said...

I stumbled over here from d.a.r.'s blog and it's always nice to find another runner! Just wanted to say hi! Good luck with getting your mojo back!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You have to try out the weather shield on your jogger. Norah will love it!

I hope you find your mojo somewhere in those 16 more miles!

Aka Alice said...

Rain is one of the things that takes my mojo away. 20 miles a week is nothing to sneeze at (what does that mean anyway).

Sarah said...

Hope you get your mojo back!! I have been there, but it came back, usually even better!

X-Country2 said...

You'll get there! Stick with it. Every mile is an accomplishment.

Laura said...

Good luck finding your mojo this week! Are you able to just lose your running mojo and still stay positive in the rest of your life or does it carry over?

Wes said...

Let me check in my trunk for that thar missing mojo. I'll get back to ya...

TNTcoach Ken said...

i HaVe YOuR Mojo, LEAve $10 NEXt tO ThE PArk BENcH aND i'Ll REtUrn IT.

signed

AnOnYMous

Marlene said...

Hopefully the goal will help!

B. Kramer said...

Good goal. 20 in the benchmark of a solid week. I'm hoping for one myself. Cheers!

BTW, would you please stop embarrassing me and the rest of the virtual racers? You're killing us!

Jamie said...

That sounds good. Keep it small for now, then work back up. You'll get it back in no time!