TAT CN Header

Friday, July 25, 2008

Outta Here!

So, first of all, I'm sure you're all eager to hear about bowling: Well, as per my drunken post (below) from last night, we again rocked the alley. But barely. My game was not top notch last night, and the 3 game series' scores looked like so: 109, 115, and 130. Really the only reason we won last night was because we bowled against a vacant team (yes, thanks to computers, a team can be absent and the computer just uses the players' averages and they "play" a simulation of their game) so they could only do the the same each game. Since we were there, and we were human, we had the advantage.

But, yeah, I had me plenty of drinks last night, and I got home around 11 pm, and watch "My Life on the D List" on Bravo and ate just about everything in the kitchen: Hummus and pita, all of the sliced cheese, nearly a full tin of almonds, and I made tater tots, and ate those too. Drunken eating is almost as reckless as my drunken blogging -- no rhyme or reason.

However, I feel pretty good this morning. Two advil, a bottle of water, and 3 cups of coffee and I'm dandy. Plus, it helps that I don't work on Fridays, so I slept in -- glorious!

This afternoon, we're leaving for a weekend away to Sanibel Island. And I'm so stoked. I am craving a quiet, relaxing weekend out of town so badly. And I don't think Jerry and I have been out of town for such a weekend since...last year when we went to Sanibel. So, yeah, it's desperately needed.

Anyway, we're leaving around noon, so I need to pack, get the house in order (I don't travel anywhere without leaving behind a clean house -- that's my official policy), and run a few errands, so I'd best be off! I'll be back Sunday, so enjoy your weekend, peeps!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend. Hope you relax and enjoy.

TonyP said...

Enjoy your trip !

Aimee said...

Have fun!!! I'm going away next weekend.

RunnerGirl said...

Have a fun weekend!

E said...

Enjoy!

sRod said...

Have a great time!

Running Jen said...

Have a great time in Sanibel! How funny, we are going to Treasure Island this weekend (St Pete area) and I originally was looking at Sanibel. Decided to stick a little closer to home though, but I'm dying to do Sanibel someday.

Enjoy!

Wes said...

Have a fun weekend!!

Ian said...

Have a great trip!

Also, the drunken blogging needs to be a regular event. Those posts always crack me up. "Blcock s of cheese." Awesome!

runner26 said...

sanibel is cool! I know they have a pretty good fitness center there (checked it out while staying on Captiva last summer). Have fun!

Kevin said...

Have a great trip

Marcy said...

Ooooooo Jess how nice!! Have a wonderful trip :D

Margo said...

Have fun! I'm a 3 advil girl on those kinds of mornings.

Unknown said...

Have a good weekend!

Viv said...

LMAO at the drunk post and drunk comments on my blog. it felt like a drunk hug and I love me those! Hope you and Jerry have a fantastic weekend. I always leave a clean house too. Who the hell wants to come back to a clustereff?!

Mendy said...

Hope you're having a great relaxing weekend away! we're doing the same and I needed one badly too!

Crissy Rae said...

Have a great weekend! You will be missed on Saturday.

Cyberpenguin said...

Hi Jess,

I understand from Marcy of I Signed Up for This? (who commented about it on kch's blog, Run Faster) that you're doing the Hundred Pushups program. How's the program going?

I'm doing the program too & have started the "Hundred Pushups Queens" club to encourage more ladies to do the program along with the rest of us. (I'm pals with the person who started the program, Cymrusteve.)

For any of the ladies who're currently doing the program (or who've already finished it): Please let me know that you're doing (or have completed) the program (by emailing me or commenting anywhere on my blog), so I can add you to this list. You'll get your name & your blog "in lights" at the top left corner of my blog for joining the group. You're also welcome to blog about the group to brag that you're a member if you like. ;-) And please let all of the other ladies like yourselves who're doing the program know about this group.
Thanks!
-Cyberpenguin