TAT CN Header

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Tuesday Dull Day

I did a slower, easier 3 miles this evening without the Big G, and because it rained earlier, it was a little cooler out -- humid still, but much cooler.

After that, I officially began Day 1 of Week 2 of The Hundred Push Ups Challenge. You'll recall that I held myself back a week, so even though this is my 3rd week of the challenge, I'm only on week 2. Anyway, it went decently. In my max set, I did 8 consecutive push ups. Still laughable, but an improvement nonetheless.

Nothing else really going on. I have a pimple in the middle of my face that is angry. It's one of those sum bitches that's still under the skin so I can't yet squeeze the crap out of it, but it hurts like a bitch. It kinda reminds me of the episode of "Family Guy" when Chris has that pimple that talks to him and tells him to commit crimes; mine's big enough to have a personality, that's for sure.

Yeah. Betcha wanted to know that detail, huh? What can I say? Tuesdays don't offer much else for material. Sorry.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it is a little cooler for you. BTW, hate the pimple you are talking about. Ouch. Nice job on the push ups

Kevin said...

So what is your pimple telling you to do

nwgdc said...

hahaha your last paragraph was exactly what i was thinking. "TMI" had crossed my mind, but then again, this is blogdom and anything goes!

by the way, thanks a lot for the comment on my infection.

Anonymous said...

WTG on the pushups. I've put it on hold until I get home next week. I'm just not motivated while on vacation.

I've had those pimples. Try a hot compress or take an ibuprofen or both and you should get some relief.

J~Mom said...

I am stalling starting week 2 of the push ups. I guess I better start tomorrow or else run out of time!

Nancy said...

I'm totally jealous of a little bit cooler. Although, you are probably just talking about getting down to the temps we have here. I thought I was going to die out there today. At least the bike cops were hot and I would've had some nice final moments. HA.

Sorry about the alter ego or mini me or whatever you are calling that thing. Those suck.

chia said...

Good to hear the pushuppies are coming along nicely.

Your pimple should tell you to fly up to this cooler climate and run with me :-). Scooter can come too. He'll probably out pace me at the race Friday.

Marcy said...

How about a picture of the zit then? Visuals are always nice :P

TonyP said...

I'm glad it was cooler out. Well done on The Hundred Push Ups Challenge !

teacherwoman said...

Haha! I remember that episode of Family Guy! Too funny!

Wes said...

When those nasty pimples do that to me, I get serious (a needle :-) I know. I'm sadistic like that ;-)

Teacher Pursuits said...

UGH. I hate zits. And since I started running longer distances, I've been breaking out like a 14 year old. GAH!

L*I*S*A said...

Hey, what can you say, zits happen.

E said...

This time, I will say - please don't post pics of the pimple.

Nice job on the push ups!

Running Jen said...

I need to do the push up challenge, I think I'll start that this week or next.

You stopped by my blog a while back and suggested the Space Coast half as a possible race for me - just wanted to thank you for that. I totally forgot about that one, and I think I'm going to go for it this fall, since I don't want to do the half I did last year, I need a different course this time. So, thanks again!

Crissy Rae said...

what an exciting, fun-filled day. hopefully wacky wednesday offers you more enlightenment :)

P.O.M. said...

Hate those pimples. I squeeze the hell out of them until my entire face is swollen and nothing every happens!

Unknown said...

I'm not even sure I can advance past day 1 of week 1...wonder how many times I can repeat the first day....LOL