TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Conversations with Jess

Scene: Entryway of our house this evening.

Characters: Jess -- sweating buckets and looking miserable. Jerry -- in the kitchen finishing up dinner.

Jess: My 4 miler just sucked ass. It was fucking terrible.

Jerry: Why? What was wrong with it?

Jess: It was hot and humid, and I was sweaty and tired and I had to walk some.

Jerry: There's no shame in walking.

Jess: I know, I know, but I'm just sick of running in this hot, sticky weather. I want a cool day so bad.

*Pause*

Jess: In fact, I'd vote Republican just to get a 60 degree day.

Jerry: *Chuckle* How would you voting Republican have anything to do with the weather?

Jess: Well, I assume that if I voted Republican that would mean I'd made a deal with the devil.

Jerry: You think the devil controls the weather?

Jess: Well, it sure feels like HELL out there!

23 comments:

TonyP said...

That was great. You could always move up north and get some cold weather.

Jess said...

Haha what a great convo!

Wes said...

Good stuff! The price you Floridians pay for cool winters and hurricanes :-)

Elizabeth said...

Dude, I'm with ya. Hot weather sucks donkey balls.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I hear you on hating the heat. At least your winters aren't as cold as here...

Anonymous said...

i couldn't agree more- and i agree with wipeout- that girl rocked it last night- i was so sad for her.

MN Mom said...

I agree. If the Devil doesn't live here full time he sure resides here part time. I too hope for the 60 degree day and a land without bugs!

teacherwoman said...

Now that is freakin' hilarious! It is currently 74 here and cloudy. A storm is coming in. I will try to send you the cold front!

keith said...

It's technically illegal to sell your vote.

Selling your soul, probably not so illegal, just unattractive in the long term.

Just ask Dick Cheney. Word is he actually ATE the devil and took over.

Christie said...

Hahaha!! Cute. I chuckled at the same point Jerry did.

Marcy said...

Wes is right. While my ass is a popsicle during the winter, you'll be loungin in the sun.

Aimee said...

Yea I would so trade. Winters here suck ass. When your nose turns into ice and it hurts to breath, now that is Satan.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! You conversation has made my morning!

RunnerGirl said...

Hilarious. Sorry your weather sucks right now, but I'll still be jealous of you when I'm freezing my ass off this winter!

Running Jen said...

Exactly how I feel after a summer run! I try to tell myself that we have to suffer through the endless summer to get to the great winters we have, but that certainly doesn't help when it's 90 and humid everyday!

E said...

LOL! Love it!

J~Mom said...

That totally made me LOL!!

Steve Stenzel said...

LOVE IT!!! I dunno... I don't think I'd vote Republican just to get a cooler day....

;)

chia said...

You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

It is so not worth voting for a Republican.

Mendy said...

I hate that kind of heat. Don't know how you're doing it, even if it's not what you'd like.

sRod said...

I'm not sure the move up north is much better. You still get the hot summer, and running during the winter is a bitch.

Viv said...

I am still in debate of who is hotter. Us or y'all. LMAO made a deal with the devil to vote republican. Just don't make your deal till after this election or we are all going to hell. Shit did I just state my poltical views on blog.