TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FAQ

After both Marcy and Running Knitter inquired as to whether or not I went to work today, I feel obliged to answer:

Of course.

I would have to feel pretty terrible to not go to work; plus, I feel it's a totally illegit excuse to miss work because of a hangover, so I have worked through many a hangovers in my time -- it's not pleasant but that's the punishment for the good times. At least now that I'm in my 30s, a Tuesday night ends at 11 pm instead of 2 am. Trust me, 5 or 6 years ago, that was not the case. But, I felt just dandy this morning. C'mon, homies, have a little respect for a girl's tolerance: I have a decade plus of solid drinking experience, so a few beers may make me tipsy and affect my ability to type, but it won't make me ill. That requires hard liquor and I mostly steer clear of the hard stuff. Well, mostly.

Anyhoo...there's not much else to report. I'm all caught up with my grading, so for once I didn't have to bring home any work, I think I may clean up the house since it's been neglected as of late, and I have more laundry to do (those dirty clothes must be breeding in the hampers), and later, I want to do a run -- so I'll let ya know how that goes.

Hope it's a happy hump day for the rest of ya!

10 comments:

Aron said...

LOL love the laundry breeding comment... i swear thats what happens!!!

P.O.M. said...

HA. I love it. I agree, while drinking does have it's down sides (like running with hangovers) I can basically battle thru. I, too have experience with the subject matter.

nwgdc said...

bounce back like a champ!!!

E said...

So dedicated! :)

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you were able to get to work. I would have worked through a hangover too.

Erin said...

Em informed me we had 5 rounds at the bar. I recall drinking 3 very large glasses of wine prior to leaving. I think Ol' Erin is back! I felt like a million bucks this morning. I agree with you...heading home at 11 is so much more responsible than the normal 2 am like in college.

Viv said...

A true drinking champ! Hope you get all you eggs in a basket at home. I don't even know if that is the saying but you gotta know what I mean.

Marcy said...

I kinda figured you would go. You are the master of the pitcher hehe.

Crissy Rae said...

That's right-the top knotch drinkers are always able to push through the hangover blues and make it to work. Why, cuz we are dedicated and, um, seasoned at this.

Unknown said...

I don't know how you go into work with a hangover. I must say that I avoid it altogether these days. I think I got it all out of my system in my teens and twenties. I guess I'm just boring these days.