TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

2 Miles and 43 Push Ups Later

After 4 days off of running, I was really in need of a run today. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I was looking forward to it; in fact, it took all my mojo to get laced up and out the door. I just did a short (and slow) 2 miler, but after it was done, I was glad I got out there. I needed to do something.

Before the run, I also did Day 1 of Week 3 in the Push Up Challenge, and all I can say is oh. my. god. It was a huge leap in reps from what I was doing in week 2 -- so much so that after today I think I may need to re-do week 2. For today, I did 15, 12, 6, and 10 and my arms were so taxed after those four sets that I couldn't even do the max set at the end.

This 6 week challenge sure is turning into a much longer project at this rate.

19 comments:

E said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought week 3 was killer. This is my 2nd go around on week 3, and my arms are still burning!

teacherwoman said...

Sometimes just lacing up and getting out there to pump the blood a little bit faster is all we need! nice work!

Nice work on the pushups! I am truly enjoying this challenge!

chia said...

I'm living vicariously through your experiences - still pussin' out on the challenge :-).

Fantastic showing, great job!

Crissy Rae said...

I give you credit for getting through as many push ups as you did. I tried doing some last night and could only get 15 done-girl style.

Hope your guns are ready for some bowling tonight!

Anonymous said...

Week Three is a spanking! Am I being punished...

Ryan said...

Just think how nice and beefy you will be after all those pushups.

L*I*S*A said...

When are the invites going out for the gun show? ;)

Great job, sistah!

Marcy said...

Wanna join the year plus club? :P You guys that are ahead of me are scaring the crap outta me LOL

Kim said...

DUUUDE youre the pushup queen of america! holy crap!!!!!!

Wes said...

Your students will be calling you Popeye :-)

Jess said...

Wow man those are a lot of pushups! My arms are tingling just thinking about it hahah!

J~Mom said...

I am repeating week 2 but this time column 2. Even that little jump was killer!!

Looks like you guys had a fun time out!!

sRod said...

I agree with Marcy: you're not making this sound appealing at all.

Kevin said...

Im ashamed to admit I took the test, but havent started yet :(

RunnerGirl said...

This challenge is a tough one, but it will be worth it in the end. I have a feeling it will take most of us a lot longer than six weeks, but we'll eventually make our way to those 100 push ups!

Unknown said...

I think I'm on the 6 month plan for the the 6 week challenge myself. Why rush it? You're getting stronger, that's what counts. :)

SavvyFitChica said...

I'm glad you got out there. The first time out running after a few days off is usually bad for me...

Steve Stenzel said...

Good luck with the push up challenge!!

Brianna said...

The push up challenge sounds hard core (no pun intended). You're not the first person I've encountered who has repeated a few weeks.

Way to go for getting out for a run. Aren't you glad you did? It is SO much better than kicking yourself for not going!