TAT CN Header

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Again

Okay, first of all, I feel as though I must confess: I have fallen WAY behind on the 100 Push Ups Challenge. For the past two weeks, I haven't done a single push up, so yesterday, when I decided to resume the schedule, I knew I was not gonna be able to do week 3 (where I left off), so what did I do?

Started over.

Yep. Back to week 1. But, this time I'm doing column 2. So yesterday that meant the sets shaped up like so: 7, 7, 5, 4, 5. And they were hard. Dangit! I was being so consistent with it and then, I don't know what happened but I suddenly realized I had fallen off the wagon. I've been joking in some of my commentary to you guys lately that I'm on the "6 month" challenge not the "6 week" challenge, but now I fear that may very well be true.

Oh well, at least I'm back at it, and I am stronger. When I first started I could only do 5 push ups max!

Now, on to this morning...music please...yes, I got up for the second day IN A ROW and went for another AM run! Do I get my halo issued now, or do I have to order it? Because I feel like I deserve some kind of angelic treatment.

Anyhoo, I did another slow 3 miles -- I can't seem to pick up the pace lately and as I said last week, perhaps it's best if I keep it slower right now with the heat -- and it felt pretty dang good. I mean, it sucks when that alarm goes off, but to be sitting here at 7:30 AM (the time I normally get up for work) having already run and showered is, well, awesome. Now I have more time to waste on the computer, goodie!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

My disappointment abounds. I secretly thought you were on Level (week) Six and were going to surprise us with 100+ no handed push ups.

Marcy said...

Don't worry Jess. With the rate I'm going you could stop for 2 months and still catch up to me on the Push Up Challenge :-X :-X

keith said...

congratulations on another fine AM run.

RunnerGirl said...

The challenge is shaping up to be more challenging than I thought it would be, so you'll still probably hit 100 before I do!

Megan Hall said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one falling behind on the Push Up Challenge. And you can send your morning-running-mojo my way any time you like.

Jess said...

Don't worry about falling off the wagon. You'll be back on track in no time.

And I think your halo should be arriving any day now...two morning runs...wowz

Kevin said...

Arent morning runs great? It was already humid here at 5AM in GA. Id hate to run in the evening right now

teacherwoman said...

More time to waste on the computer! congrats! nice job on the early morning run!

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I've started & stopped that challenge, 3 times. I'm all over it now. I ALSO got up this morning & ran. as long as I get up & wash my face, its all I need to get my arse out of bed!

Great job!

Erin said...

If you replaced your push-ups with morning runs; I think that is the bigger win. Good job. I will soon be joining you in the ranks of early morning workouts. I fear it will be the only time I can squeeze something in.

E said...

Awesome job on the morning run!

The push up challenge is getting harder for me. I'm repeating week 4 again. I think this is like my 10th week or something.

Anonymous said...

I did week 1 twice and am now starting my second week 2 because we just keep forgetting! I'm a little freaked about the big jump week 3 makes....

Teacher Pursuits said...

To be DONE with the run and ready to go by 7:30am!! That is the best... WAY TO GO!

J~Mom said...

I am thinking the whole push up thing was just a dumb idea.

Lily on the Road said...

It is a good feeling to get all of that done before 7:30 AM!!

Good job :^)

sunshine said...

That's awesome! Congrats on the beginning of becoming a morning runner! :)

Sandi said...

Hi,

I'm working with Takkle.com, a social networking site for sports. Members can post photos, videos, share stats and schedules, and a whole lot more with others throughout the community. Takkle is a place where students, athletes, coaches, and fans can share their passion for sports.

I feel that your site is very useful. I would love to know if you could link to our social networking resource.

Thanks,
Sandi

Crissy Rae said...

Where is Jess? I don't understand this girl who is getting up super early and getting her running in right away. I've been thrown for a loop here..thank goodness my Bud Light is here to calm my nerves.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on your run today.

Unknown said...

Well done on the 2 a.m. runs and starting the pushup challenge over. It's still on the backburner for me.

L*I*S*A said...

Not only will you get a halo, but you'll get nice, big guns as a reward for your pushups.

You rock, girly!!

sRod said...

Sweet--just another 19 days and you'll be hooked on the early alarm buzzer!

Viv said...

Jess you will be back up to your par speed soon, you had a lil break. Push up challenge..still not caving over here. Yesterday i was leaving the gym and I almost tripped over this buff guy doing push ups. Geez, the pressure is coming from everywhere.