TAT CN Header

Friday, July 11, 2008

Fabulous Friday

For the first time this week, I felt like I had a day where I actually got shit done. It was so efficient, it is best conveyed through bullet points:
  • Picked up around the house.
  • Went to the dentist's for routine cleaning and check up.
  • Endured the hygienist's torture as well as her lecture about how I should be flossing everyday.
  • Resolved, once again, to floss everyday.
  • Was buoyed by the dentist's remark that I have "excellent" teeth. I agree with her. They are excellent for chomping on things. Particularly the fleshy part of Jerry's arm.
  • Went to my new office.
  • Unpacked all my boxes and set up camp in the new location.
  • Prepped work for Monday classes.
  • Felt better about new office -- although I think I'll save a full discussion for this topic for next week.
  • Went to the grocery store.
  • Made wise food purchases.
  • Was delighted to discover that Craisins are now packaged in 100 calorie packs. Radical. Now, I am equipped with little fruity snacks on the go.
  • Came home and watched "27 Dresses" which I picked up as a rental from the "red box" at the grocery store.
  • Thought it was cute.
  • Finished the laundry.
  • Did my required push ups.
  • Thought longing of the day when this "6 week" push up program will be over so I can show off my guns and my abs of admantium.
  • Downloaded a few new tunes to the iPod.
  • Decided that "Thrash Unreal," by Against Me is my new fav running song.
  • Wish I had appreciated Against Me when I saw them open for the Foo Fighters back in January.
  • Contemplated how hindsight is always 20/20. Cliches are repeated because they are true.
  • Decided that second place in the new fav running song category is "I Kissed a Girl," by Katy Perry. But I think that's everyone's fav song right now.
  • Ran 4 miles. It wasn't fast (39:05), but it felt good.

Ta-da! That has been my Friday thus far. Now, I have a Kashi frozen pizza in the oven and I have another chick flick ("Fool's Gold") warming the DVD player. Hope everyone else enjoyed their Friday! Toodles.

12 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow busy day. Fools Gold was actually pretty good. Not too chick flicky

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Your friday was much more efficient than mine was! Good stuff:) Great run!

J~Mom said...

I am totally going to check out that song...I picked up a favorite one from you a while back (Girlfriend). Great day you had!!

Jarrett said...

That is quite a list!

Crissy Rae said...

Wow, you got a lot done yesterday. It's nice to be so productive on a Friday..it almost gives you permission to be a wee bit lazy this weekend.

Anonymous said...

very nice friday! my saturday is going faboo- especially since i've already cleaned up, am dressed and waiting for my g/f to come over so we can go pamper ourselves...with my winnings from last night! go hard rock! LOL

Christie said...

I'm so jealous. Your slow 4miler is still faster than my fastest 4miler.

Mendy said...

I want to see Fool's Gold. Guess I'll have to wait until David is absent again. He doesn't like chic flicks. Very efficient friday, indeed!

Anonymous said...

I liked 27 Dresses as well. I watched in PPV a few weeks back.

And yeah, I love that song as well!

Glad you had a productive Friday!!

Marcy said...

I'm totally with you on the flossing. I'm sporadic with it :-/

brunettechicagogal said...

I don't know that particular song, but there was a song of the same title about 10 or 12 years ago by Jill Oublier.

And this is all I have to say when I finally drop by after months! Glad you got shit done!

RunnerGirl said...

Just watched Fool's Gold a few days ago and 27 dresses in on my to-watch list.

Sounds like you had a busy day :)