So, now that we are a week into the new year, I figured I'd give you a brief update on my resolutions:
1. I'm doing just dandy without soda. However, I should qualify/clarify what I gave up: I did NOT give up caffeine. No, no, no. That's just crazy. I still drink my 2-3 cups of coffee every morning. I don't think I could dress myself without the java; instead, I did give up my one Diet Pepsi a day. And really, I wasn't drinking it because of the caffeine (next to coffee, the caffeine in a diet soda is neglible), I was drinking it because it was a sweet, delicious treat every afternoon. Now, I just get water. Not as sweet or delicious, but better for me, I think.
2. I have been good at taking my vitamins everyday. I gag just thinking about it, but I have been doing it.
3. Flossing every day has also been going well, and I had a dentist appointment yesterday that went fine, so the teeth are good.
4. I haven't yet made appointments for the eye doctor or regular check up doctor. But I still have 51 weeks to get those two appointments in.
5. As far as eating better, well, I have been trying to be more conscious of what I ingest (I'm munching on a healthy apple right now), but I can't say I've made any major dietary changes in the past week.
So, all in all, I've been doing pretty well with the resolutions. Of course, 7 days is not necessarily reason for a ticker tape parade -- by now, you should all know that it takes 21 days to form any kind of habit :)
Good for you on your resolutions! I limit myself to one diet soda per day, but occasionally cheat in the afternoon (then I pay for it when I can't sleep later that night)! Have you tried adding those little flavor packets to your water? I use 1/2 of a Lipton Green Tea to Go Cherry Blossom flavor in my 33 oz. bottle. It's muy bueno!
You're doing great. Many people are already off the wagon at 1 week.
Great ideas on the flossing and vitamins. I'm so inconsistent on both accounts... The journey of a year begins with the first week :-)
LOL, I agree with Nancy and I'm one of them :-X I suppose I better get back on that veggie train :-/
Yeah Lisa told me she asked but I wasn't sure if you were going to or not. So does that mean I give you my pictures or how is this all working out?
Good job with the vitamins. I am now taking 13 pills every morning. 10 of which are vitamins. See, it can be worse. If I take them before breakfast, it almost fills me up. Hay that might be a new diet plan.
Last week on Biggest Looser, one of the trainers made a comment that I like, and that is we do not want to drink our calories. Forget the diet cola.
I'm also a fan of flavored Green Tea! It's a great treat and pick-me-up.
I'm about 50/50 on my resolutions. Oh well.
Flossing every day, what a great resolution. :)
I jumped on the Liquid Multi Vitaman thing. My wife makes fun of me, she calls me over the top, but from what I can tell they offer a lot. More then I can seem to find in tablet form.
Cool, it's great to recap your progress so far. Had to chuckle at your "I still have 51 weeks" for the doctor appointments. Ha.
Congrats! You're off to a great start!
Congratulations on being our commentator for the race. I wish you were here for the race. I am bib number 32128 with an estimated time of 2:20 for the 1/2
I'm glad you're not doing anything crazy like giving up coffee.
Good to hear you are on track! ;)
Good job, like Nancy said; many people have fallen off the wagon already!
Way to stay on the wagon. Especially the soda, I know that can be a tough one. Oh, and the flossing. I quit that the after day 3 of my dentist visit.
Looking forward to your reports on the RNR crew. I know you will dazzle us with your updates :-)
Way to go on the resolutions. Keep it up. I'm still working on the "eating better" resolution...it just doesn't seem to work for me with a 5 and 6 year old in the house. Pizza, french fries...its always the same.
True 21 days sets a good pace for making a habit...but tell me... why does it only take one day to screw it all up?
Awesome start to your resolutions!
You are doing really well. And about the diet soda-- it gets easier the more you avoid it. You start to wonder why you would put that in your body in the first place.
Good luck with your resolutions...and thanks for stopping by and all your support to get me to that crazy maniac status...hugs..
So far so good!! I don't buy diet soda for home but do enjoy one now and then when I am out and about.
I don't know about doctor's offices down by you, but up here it is a pain to get an appointment, perhaps that is why I don't bother.
will this weekly countdown be a regular feature like bowling tales?
Nice job with the resolutions! I can't wait to get back and read all the updates! LOL
Sounds like you are doing really well. I still need to make my resolutions. :-(
Wow, I am impressed with your dedication. I really need to get to the dentist too. I think you have inspired me to make an appt.
We definitely need to meet up in Miami. Even if I end up not running it, I am still going to support my group and other friends that are doing it.
I am sure you will come in way ahead of me since I haven't been doing much running, but if you stick around a bit, you can meet up with me at our tent. I will email you with all the info.
Looking forward to it.
Post a Comment